Wanted : Marbles .... update ....

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

zanes_antiques

Reaction score
Well, you see LC my dad collects marbles. It makes it tough on me when I get good ones though because I would feel bad asking him any more than what I have in them. I gave him a heck of a deal on 6 Guineas I got in a trade. All I asked for was the Value of the bottles I traded and not a fair market price for them. Needless to say he got one heck of a deal! He deserves it though. He's carried me enough That I will owe him indefinetly. I have the same problem with local beers and soda too. My brother CraigC90 on here collects those.I can't complain though because I have gotten quite a few super Druggist off of him. Am I boring you yet? I made a deal with him to not collect what he does and we can help each other that way. It's working out pretty good too. I just started collecting druggist a few months back and thanks to him I have over 35 now that are local. Did you show you buddy the Guinea photos yet on here. They're not really clear but you can tell what they are. They are one of the toughest types to find whole. My old man has collected marbles for 35 yrs and 10 seriously and he didn't have one until I got him these.

LC

Reaction score
Well, first of all, you are not boring me at all. I always keep a watch out for my friend who collects the marbles. I think its great that you and your Pop as well as your Brother have this special kind of relationship with each other. There were so many posts pertaining to the marbles, that I thought it would be simplier to just ask you straight out! I did not catch the fact concerning you and you Dad. My friend also collects vintage fishing as well as hunting memorabilia. Me, I have tried to collect everything over the years, and I guess I do have a little bit of everything, as well as a lot of some things! Its terrible being a Pack Rat! Thanks for the reply, Lou

LC

Reaction score
Zane, I was going to mention, but it slipped my mind. I used to have quite a collection of druggist's bottles from Cincinnati a good many years ago. I traded 90 some druggists bottles from Cincinnati all from the 1880s and ninties for a stupid demijohn. Still have the demijohn, but wish I had the druggists bottle back instead. I have found one from my hometown and that is all. Its neat having bottles from your own town.

zanes_antiques

Reaction score
Unlike yourself I haven't been able to hold on to too many good things I've found because I was usually broke. I have had the best of a lot of different types of collectibles. Only recently have I began to take photos of things I've aquired. I call it my "Cyber Collection". Atleast I can say I owned a CD263 green insulator and a "Clipper Pilsner Beer" conetop. Both of those are tops in their respective fields. My dad has taught me well how to buy and sell and also how to figure out what I have. I would go with him doorknocking when I was younger and buy with him. I swear there wasn't a house he couldn't get into and buy out of. We'd just pull the truck up and he'd have me wait until he gave the word to come in with him. After about 5 minutes of BS we'd be drinking coffe at the Kitchen table and looking through their basements 15 minutes later. I swear he's either had it at one time or seen it. It kind of hurts him a bit though because he's so spoiled.Almost stuck in the Seventies you might say. I have to remind him sometimes that things he grew up with are now being bought by my generation. I could have had a better mentor than my dad though. If it wasn't for the things he's taught me I would have starved in the dark a few times.
The days of me selling everything as soon as I get it are over now. I'm working good and can afford to keep things I like or don't like what I've been offered. it's such a nice feeling!

LC

Reaction score
I bought a lot of my item in the 70's & 80s as well. I also have bought and sold over the years. I had a job, but not a good one. But what I could pick up and sell, I would take the profit and buy a little something I liked! I could never go overboard with it like I would have liked to. And I have sold most of the super good things I have lucked out and found for the same reason as you. I think it was called survival or something like that. I could get into this topic quite deep myself, but it does no good to talk about it nor would it solve anything. I will just say that like you, things have gotten better over the years, but I still can not hold on to the really good things. Stumbled into an early tin litho picture of one of the Coca-Cola Gals a few years back, around 1910 I would say. I Have been in three Coke museums over the years and have never seen this picture n any of them. I could have bought it for 500 dollars, and could not come up with the money to buy it. I know that picture had to be worth a good many thousands of dollars but I came up short and lost out on it. I have made up my mind that in the next life I am going to be wealthy!

Redtrouble76

Reaction score
hello-I was wondering if someone might know what these marbles I have are&if they have any value-Any help would be much appricated-Thank you-Shannon

6771A1309FB74E27A7F482975421E5CD.jpg

Attachments

• 6771A1309FB74E27A7F482975421E5CD.jpg
    6771A1309FB74E27A7F482975421E5CD.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 84

Monsonant

Reaction score
Shannon , A few are new marbles (last 15 years or so) , most of your mables are from the 1940's and later and have little collector value . In the first pic , in the 3rd row the 1st marble looks like it might be a clear mica , but its hard to tell from the photo .The next one (orange and yellow ) looks like is a Peltier Tri color swirl and has a little value depending on size and condition. Last one in that group is a Marble King bumblebee , nominal value. Hope that helps ! Dave A

Tony14

Reaction score
hey dave i have three that im lookin for more info on. I was told the first to are some sort of slags and the last might be a master.

3542F327DEAA4DCBB08A1FA323A6B00E.jpg

Attachments

• 3542F327DEAA4DCBB08A1FA323A6B00E.jpg
    3542F327DEAA4DCBB08A1FA323A6B00E.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 81

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member