Wanted : Marbles .... update ....

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

craigc90

Reaction score
I picked up a bottle yesterday and it had some marbles in it here are some of the better ones my dad picked out of the bunch.

66CFDB0986514AF3B9E930F367182380.jpg

Attachments

• 66CFDB0986514AF3B9E930F367182380.jpg
    66CFDB0986514AF3B9E930F367182380.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 77

wvhillbilly

Reaction score
I aint sure but the top on looks like a handmade the brown and white look like WV swirls.
I have 1 that looks like the off yellowish one in the middle but I cant find out what it is[&o]
Thats about as far as my knowledge goes[:D]

Monsonant

Reaction score
marbles.jpg
Craig ....
1&3 are handmade 1 is divided ribbon 3 looks like it might be an onion
4 is a peltier "7 up"
5 is a brick (very desirible marble)
6 is a slag , yellow 7 and Blue 7 are older hand gathered slags ( may be pontiled )
8s are Moss Agates , 9 is a Peltier swirl , 10's are hand made Micas , 11s , Look like "Corals" but may just be Peltier swirls little difficult to tell . 12 is a Bennington , brown one on lower right looks like a slag but could be a mineral marble. Hope that helps a little . Dave A Sorry for the hasty responce

Hey Phil ... that last one you posted looks like it might be a Red Based Lutz , very scarce ... in good condition it would be worth $$$

Lilacpa

Reaction score
hi all, im new tto this forum. i was wondering if i posted some pictures of the marbles i found , if you could help me identify them. I bought a book but im still haveing problems making sure they are exact. my husband found a few he dug out of the ground for me that are weird looking.
thanks,
lee

Road Dog

Reaction score
The larger brown marble below the the large blue hangathered Slag is a hangathered Slag as well. These are probably M.F. Christensen, but both M.F. Christensen and Akro made handgathereds like that. The other swirl type marbles not named are what collectors call West Virginia Swirls. There was alot of companies in the W.V. area that produced very similar marbles. Some are easier to I.D. than others. So, we usually just say W.V. Swirl.

craigc90

Reaction score
Thats some great info from everyone. I dont know how you guys can tell them apart. They all look the same to me.

wvhillbilly

Reaction score
At least I was right on the ones I tryed to ID [:D]

Im going to look into getting my last one I posted Repaired if possible[;)] If it dont cost more than its worth[:D]

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
krähemijers