Warner's Kidney & Liver Bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Hello to whoever. I have seen lots of post on the subject bottles. I have one here in FL that is no doubt just a fine old bottle, however I never really got into them as a collectible line of interest. It has the "/ WARNER'S " arched over the "/ KIDNEY & LIVER " over "/ CURE ". Under that is an nice strike of the safe embossing, and under that "/ ROCHESTER N.Y. ". The finish is a rounded blob top and the bottom is a Round Key Mold parting seam to the side centers. The round post is slightly rounded with an embossed "/ A 6 " with a straight vertical line above the 6 to the edge of the open side of the key lock seam texture.
I know some of you are into these more than I am so, but I would appreciate your comments, either in PM or on a little thread activity. This is a different approach but then, I guess I am different. RED Matthews

poisons4me

Reaction score
Talk to Matt (Guntherhess), the safes hinge different ways ect .Rick

jays emporium

Reaction score
Red, you have described the classic Warner's Safe Cure bottle. It should be about 9" tall. At any given time there are 5 - 20 of these bottles on ebay. There are lots of variations including different colors, different diseases and different cities around the world. There is one with the safe facing the opposite direction that only turns up about 1% of the time. The one you describe usually sells around $20. It's a great collectible bottle but not a scarce variation.

cyberdigger

Reaction score
Hi Red! I bought a Warner's like yours last year. It is a great specimen to have in a collection, has a lot of "shelf appeal" for such an affordable bottle! Serious collectors of valuable bottles have every right to snicker at them, but my collection and I are of humble means.. however, most people don't collect bottles or know anything about them and are blown away by what I have, heheee! [;)]

glass man

Reaction score
YEP RED: I LOVE WARNER SAFE BOTTLES ! IN THE PAST HAVE HAD A RED AMBER "NERVINE" CURE AND A "DIABETES" CURE.[BE GREAT IF IT REALLY WORKED WOULDN'T IT!]

I NOW HAVE A SMALL SIZE YELLOW AMBER LIVER AND KIDNEY CURE,BUT IT HAS LONDON EMBOSSED ON IT.

WARNER GOT FILTHY RICH OFF HIS CURES AND THEY WERE SOLD ROUND THE WORLD WITH OFFICES IN DIFFERENT COUNTRIES!

HOPE YOU AND YOUR FAMILY HAVE A GREAT CHRISTMAS!! JAMIE

potstone

Reaction score
I have never heard of anybody snickering about Warner's Safe
bottles. I think they make a great looking display. I have a collection of Warner's that I put together years ago and I still
like them. I have Chestnut bottles and flask of different types
that cost a good bit more but when you look at a string of
Warner's of different colors and size, they look great.
I like the London variations also, they have great colors.
As for cost, there are Warner's bottles that bring good money.
Go price a Warner's Animal cure or bitters you will see
what I mean. Greg

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
.TheNYBittersCollector.