Was curious about this bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

slick4u

Reaction score
Ok..ive never collected bottles before but this particular bottle was giving to my mom by her mom so im guessing its old..it is a brownish in color bottlewith designs on the neck and the top and bottom of the bottle..it looks to be like some type of crosses going around the top and bottem of the bottle and it has diamond shaped designs going around the top and bottom too...the bottle has a lean to it..it looks like it was hand made maybe (not really sure) any help in maybe even telling me how old it is would be greatly appreciated thnx in advance

Attachments

• 15B2B45120CF46C5867733D4A2D4F523.jpg
    15B2B45120CF46C5867733D4A2D4F523.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 65

DIGGER DAVE

Reaction score
Hey Slick,
Welcome to the forum. I find it unusual that no one has identified it yet but have faith in this forum. " If you post it, they will come ".This place is loaded with knowledgable people. I am not one of them but I try. I am sure you will get some info on it ! None the less I love the detail and the leaning effect. I have a local soda that does that and I love it just for that feature ! The fact that it was you grandmothers automatically gives it a prominent place to display! Well good luck and again welcome to the forum. This could be just the begining of bigger things for you !!!

capsoda

Reaction score
Hey Paul, Welcome to the forum. My wife and I have dug several of those in amber and clear. As to what was in them, my guess would be wine or some kind of liqueur.

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
I don't know who makes them, probably done in Italy. The may be just container glass. I've seen the same style if not the same bottle at Goodwill, Job Lots, supermarkets etc, etc. Usally they have herbs, peppers or something with vinegar. A lot of what I've seen aren't labeled.
If Warren's been digging them they may not be what I'm thinking of though.

slick4u

Reaction score
Thnx everyone for all your help and glad to be in the forum

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter