Was it worth $10?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Inkman

Reaction score
I found this at an Antique shop yesterday and thought $10 was an ok deal. Was it? There was another 2 on the shelf, so if this ones good Ill go and buy the others [:D]. Its embossed Dr. J. Hostetters Stomach bitters.

4FB0F4D83B8F42B69EA8B3138CFA9F8C.jpg

Attachments

• 4FB0F4D83B8F42B69EA8B3138CFA9F8C.jpg
    4FB0F4D83B8F42B69EA8B3138CFA9F8C.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 48

ballbuster

Reaction score
Nice looking bottle. The important thing is if your collecting for yourself its worth it. If your buying for resale or investment I would do more homework before buying. Just my .02 worth.

bottlediger

Reaction score
some people get caught up in bitters bottles, they do bring a ton of money some of them that is. However not all, new collectors would see this bottle and think its a great find for 10 dollars I did when I was real young just never bought one. As far as bitters go, its extremly common worth 10 dollars but i would say no more. You can find bitters worth 10's of thousands just not a hostetlers. I do hate it when I see a common plain amber hostetlers in an antique store and they have a 100 dollar price tag on them, if it would sell it would sell to a new collector and later down the road they relised they just bought a 5-10 dollar bottle and it might scare them away from buying other bottles in fear of being ripped off.

madpaddla

Reaction score
I think you got a fair deal on that one. Is the O in stomach there (ghosted)?? The others have made great and valid points. I have dug shards of em but never a whole one. I would say you got a good deal but not an investment. The price on those remains consistant....$10 - $20. Enjoy the bottle and I would say it was a good purchase. Makes ya wanta get more huh?? HA Been there many times. Good luck on future finds / digs.
Madpaddla

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RyGuy73