Washington Eagle Flask question

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
It kind of resembles the Bridgeton and Baltimore Washington and sometimes Eagle Portraits the GI-21- 27 flasks but none of them other then the GI-26 have the stars. I own one of those and it is void of embossing.

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
Charles relist it at a starting price of 40.00 I think it will sell. I have never seen one before that looked this good. As Matt stated the pine tree Cordial is a great bottle someone will bid for sure.

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
Thanks for posting all of this Steve for all that were viewing an hour ago!! No problem Steve I was only trying to help someone who asked the question about the flask. Have a nice day ....You to Steve

KentOhio

Reaction score
I remember seeing one before with an applied handle. American Bottle Auctions sold it a few years ago. I think the story was that a small shop in New Jersey got a hold of the 1932 mold (originally made with a screw top) and produced some handmade versions.

epackage

Reaction score
Great detailed sleuthing Steve, fantastic highlights so I know what to look for in the future...[;)]

surfaceone

Reaction score
Have a nice day ....You to Steve

[8D][8D][8D]

thank-you-steve.jpg

VirginiaDigger

Reaction score
Thanks for the GREAT info, who do u think made this flask & what date? I paid $65 for it thinking it was real, got burned on that one.

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
I've been watching this since before Steve and others chimed in.
My first look led me the the star on the neck that I think Charlie mentioned already. Also the look of tooling at the mouth with the concentric? rings. I had concerns with those two things alone.
Most molds were got by the scrap drives of WWII and I don't know when the 1732 screw top was made but Clevenger got some molds in the early years so maybe????
Whoever made them did a nice job if it was an ABM mold to start with. They would have had to make a base, dismantle the top and probably chill the mold to get the "whittle marks" before each blow.
If it's isn't a completely made new mold it took some thought to make that. That would make it a made to deceive in my thinking. If Brian (Kent Ohio) is correct, they were very talented.
At any rate, for the interest I think it's well worth $65, just not $650.

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Whoever made them did a nice job if it was an ABM mold to start with. They would have had to make a base, dismantle the top and probably chill the mold to get the "whittle marks" before each blow.

Mainly to cowseatmaize. The chilling of the mold iron castings has to be done when the molten iron is poured into the sand filled flasks when the casting are made. It provides a specific form of carbon cells called dendritic iron in the metal. Common cast iron has Type A, carbon. There are Type A, a Y shaped carbon form, Type B, a rosette type of cluster form, Type C, a nodular type of cluster form,
and Type D, the dendritic formation of linear rows of small carbon clusters that progress in straight lines for about three quarters of an inch away from the chilled cast surface in the mold cavity. The iron between these rows is mainly plain iron which provides and causes a slower thermal conductivity of heat, thus making the internal mold metal remain hotter that the outer part of the mold casting.

RED Matthews

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tcarulli