Watch out for this Guy!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

huffysback

Reaction score
I know I haven't been on here for awhile. For those of you who don't know me, I'm Poison_Us's wife. I know he is on here alot and is well liked. Anyway to my story...

We buy alot of our bottles from flea bay, we can't dig because of my back, I'm disabled, so we go to bottle shows and ebay and through our website Poisonous Addiction.com, we find bottles to buy.
Well I had my eye on that cobalt KU-8 that was just on for the last 2 weeks. I got to know the seller through emails and we had come to an agreement on price and day that I would buy it. WE HAD A DEAL. In writing and verbally.
So this was to take place today and yesterday, I see that he ended the auction, so I write to him and ask him what is going on...he told me that someone else had come along and for his KO-1 the guy had to have the KU-8 too. So he sold it out from under me.
So much for a gentlemans agreement, this guy is a piece of scum (KENNETH 8231).

Don't do business with him, he'll tell you one thing, then do another. What happened to the times when your word meant something, or a handshake closed a deal?

I have our agreement in writing, does anyone think I should get a lawyer and fight for the bottle? Or should I just chalk it up to no one has scruples anymore...

Any and all comments welcome...just don't do business with this guy.

Debbie

Inkspot

Reaction score
I would just chalk it up, post a strong negative ebay feedback on him. and don't do buisness with that individual anymore. It's a shame for anyone to go back on an agreement but there are many folks who will do it. The most reputable ones won't. To bad you got messed over but there are more KU-8s out there. Keep looking and good luck.

huffysback

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. Yeah, someday he'll get his, what goes around, comes around.

And yes, there are more KU-8's out there...

Debbie

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
What happened to the times when your word meant something, or a handshake closed a deal?
It's not gone completely. There are still good sellers and buyers.
This isn't the same but it's a refreshing bit of selling.
I just sold a book and the cheap tape I used fell apart or came unstuck. Apparently the book dropped in the slushy mud and got messed up. I refunded the whole thing and said "my fault, I'll throw out the tape". I thanked her for helping avoid future problems.
She responded with "that's not fair" and sent me half back in cash with a thank you card. She didn't even want the money to get fee'd to death by paypal.
That made my week.

huffysback

Reaction score
Now that makes me feel good...there are some great people out there...still. I just got stuck with a jerk, man if only I could slap him or something, then I would feel better [:mad:]

I know, time will pass and I will move on, but this morning it really burns...sorry if I seem so negative.

He is just one bad apple out of a cart of really nice ones.

Debbie [;)]

huffysback

Reaction score
Yeah cowseatmaize, I know I'm not the only one to ever get screwed on a deal, my post was mainly for people to watch out for this guy on ebay, he's not honest and he doesn't keep his word.

And I needed to blow off some steam with some people who could understand, like the wonderful people here at the bottle forum...you guys and gals are just great!

Debbie

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JOYCELR