We got clobbered.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Stardust

Reaction score
I hope I'll be strong enough to take pics outside tomorrow, Charlie, I remember when you first started you took everything on the lowest megapix did that help so you didn't have to re size? I don't have enough energy any more, could you advise me as to what to do? Thanks star ~

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
Hey eveybody!
Thanks for all of your contributions. This has turned into a nice thread. Officially, my town got 19 inches of snow. Because it was so windy, much of it has pilled up in drifts. My guess is that they were three to five feet deep in my yard. Plow pilings went up to about six feet in places. That's a lot of snow.

Some specific replies;

Joe - be careful up there. A hall of fame Packer player fell off his roof and died clearing snow a few years back (Max McGee). So, just a little reminder to use extra caution.

Rick! That picture is just amazing. Those deer have seriously got to be considering moving to the city where they came roam around in a few plowed areas.

Hey Melinda. Bubba looks pretty happy in the snow. We should have enough to tie him over for a few months.

Star - the ticket thing sounds crazy. You'd think they would have to be understanding if someone approached a court with the circumstnaces.

Road dog and Staunton - you guys sound like you're living in the tropics. I'd take 60s or 70s. Of course, the only way I'm getting them is by road tripping.

Bottle109, sorry about your plight with the leakage. bad time for that to happen. Best of luck with it. Luckily, my 116year old house is holding up okay.

Woody. I'll trade you for that 8 inches. ---You know it's funny. The television stations always play up storms as the end of the world as we know it. Well, this time, the storm was pretty big.

Pics coming (if I can make them work).

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
Okay. Here goes. My front yard before shovelling. The window frames start about five feet off the ground.
[Image]
100_1068.jpg

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
Some of the beauty of the wind driven snow. It looks like layers of sedementary stone.
100_1074.jpg

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
My next door neighbor with chunks of ice on his glasses! I was really impressed with my neighbors today. Everyone was out helping people dig their cars out and clearing other's dirveways or pushing people out of huge drifts. Very very nice. I really felt like I was part of something bigger today. A great community.
100_1076.jpg

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
My seven year old enjoying a snow drift in the yard. This is the kind of snow he'll remember - when it was over his head!
100_1083.jpg

Latest posts

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agrounds1