Weird type of jar.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

DIGGER DAVE

Reaction score
I found this strange type of jar that resembles a baby food jar in style and size. The stange part is that it has a sort of molded chamber inside the jar on one side. I do not believe the jar to be that old and dont believe it was an accident because the lip inside is so pefectly molded to the inside walls. Almost looks like it was made to hold a spoon or scape off the food from the underside of the spoon the way you would feed a baby.Does anyone have any info. Sorry for the quality of the pictures but my camera does not do well with close ups.

Hf98228.jpg

Attachments

• Hf98228.jpg
    Hf98228.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 66

Pontiled

Reaction score
That's an ink jar. The inside piece was where the ink was when you went to use it. I remember those from when I was young in the mid-1950's. Not much value in them.

DIGGER DAVE

Reaction score
Thank you Mike that makes alot of sense. Now I can sleep tonight with another mystery solved. Hey check out my other post from tonight titled Virgin located in the digger forum. I am new to the site and new to digging and would be happy to hear your comments on my first lot. The cool part is it only took me about two and half hours to get all this stuff so I know some great finds await with more work. THANX AGAIN!!

capsoda

Reaction score
Hey Dave, Welcome to the forum. That type of bottle was my wifes first find. It's a Sheaffer's ink bottle. She doesn't know where the one she dug is but here is a pic of a full one.

You can see the shelf. It was for fountian pens.

Ay73324.jpg

Attachments

• Ay73324.jpg
    Ay73324.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 64

DIGGER DAVE

Reaction score
CAPSODA Thank you for the picture!
My wife was intrigued by it and has been asking me all week if I had found out yet. Great picture and thanks again for your efforts!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agrounds1