Well Guys How Did I Do?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

glassgopher721

Reaction score
My 3 yr. old son and I have been going out looking for dumps in the woods lately, and today I wanted to check on something. We went to an estate sale a couple of weeks ago. It is where I picked up a nice group of bottles, a wood crate from Concord, and some old local newspaper's. I wanted to return there because it was a large farm from the early 1800's, and was curios about the woods behind the property. My son and I pulled up to see a woman outside waving us over. She had set up a yard sale with stuff that was leftover from the estate sale. I knew there wasn't going to be anything good left, but I wanted to get her permission to look around in the woods before we set out. She was a super friendly woman who just loved my son. She had no problem letting us look around. She even took down my number in case she came across any more old newspaper's while she finished cleaning out the house. My son and I headed out down an old wood road that lead to a field with a large stone wall that bordered it. I thought sure that we would find something, but we didn't. We headed back to the truck. Before we left I had to take one more look around to see if I missed anything. I went to the barn and found a roll of electric fence wire. I purchased that for 10.00. We looked around a bit more but saw nothing else. We walked down the driveway toward the truck, when I hear the woman say oohhhh wait. Do you have a second? She asked. I said sure, and started back up the driveway. She said she had totally spaced it, and said she had a few bottles still in the basement that she wanted to bring up. She asked if we could follow her down to the cellar, so we did. She pulled out three or four old kick-up bottles, and one with embossing on it. I held it up to the light to try and read it. It read Syracuse Springs Excelsior. I never heard of it, so I had no idea of the value. I asked how mush she wanted for it, and she said $10.00. I said O.K. She said that if it is worth more, then good for you. So I was excited to find out that it was a really early bottle, and could even be from Stoddard. The first picture you will see is how it was when she handed it to me. Click on the arrow to the left of the picture to see it cleaned up, and again to see the crude applied lip.

http://s561.photobucket.com/user/BassTurdNH/media/YARD%20SALE%20SCORES/001_zps2462b436.jpg.html

epackage

Reaction score
You did good for $10, if you ever want to quadruple your investment let me know, I need one of these quarts...

NHkeith

Reaction score
some of the stoddard molds went to Lyndeborough after stoddard shut down. Its a nice bottle. great buy for 10$

I think biscuit box is awesome!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimk26