Welp, the Santa Ana's have begun! (it's HOT outside!)

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: TheCaliKid

Extremes are not fun.

We don't have to use much heat in the winter. I'd say that the heater is only running about 6-8 weeks out of the year.

The wildfires suck. I've been dealing with them my whole life. There were some really bad ones in 1993, 2003, 2007, and 2008.

90% of the time they are started by humans. We don't have a whole lot of lighting here. There's some in the backcountry, but still. The smoke and ash are pretty bad. Even is you live 100 miles or more from where a fire is burning. I don't know why they set them. It cost tens of millions each year to put them out.

2008 (picture not mine):
wildfire.jpg

Allergies can real bad out there. Lot's of grasses and pollen.

Now thats a sad picture

TheCaliKid

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: rockbot

wicked picture. sad but neat..
We just had one last week and it burned about 1,100 acres. I think it was the military that started it by accident.

On July 4th 2007, the Zaca Fire began. Some idiot was welding pipe in dry grass.....opps!

The fire started some miles northeast of Buellton, California. Now, here's the interesting part: I was working as a chainman on a land surveyor crew at the time, and we had just done a topo of that same exact spot that the fire started in the week before. I was also living in Buellton at the time.

Well, it burned for over 2 months straight, cost over $117 million to put out, was the second-largest fire in recorded California history, and burned 240,207 acres.

I'll never forget the Zaca Fire as long as I live. We were very, very, very lucky that the prevailing winds carried the smoke AWAY from us the entire time that it was burning.

Here is what the smoke did most of the time. Poor Bako!

Can you imagine having one fire burning for a whole summer? Well, that's what happened!

DSC_0685%20Zaca%20Fire%20Pyrocumulus%20l.jpg

_BEL3438%20Zaca%20Fire%20l.jpg

carobran

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: TheCaliKid

ORIGINAL: RedGinger

90% of the time they are started by humans. We don't have a whole lot of lighting here.
wildfire.jpg

[/quote/] i know the fires arent good but i like the picture................its perty[:)][8|]

TheCaliKid

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: carobran

it was 46 degrees this morning at 7:30[;)]

It's in the 90's here right now. Heatwave is still going, but beginning to taper off.

I think my morning low today was around 61*F

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2he3gF5uSM&feature=related

carobran

Reaction score
its supposed to get up to about 80 today....................earlier in the summer we were having alot of 100 degree days[:eek:][:eek:][:'(]

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agrounds1