Went Digging with A very New-B

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

andy volkerts

Reaction score
That little amber flask is super great!! The brass knuckles are actually the spacer for the balls that keeps the balls equally spaced between themselves in a ball bearing, fits between the inner and outer races and holds the balls........

treeguyfred

Reaction score
What a fun post Rick, I agree that the look on your newbies face is priceless. Also agree with Andy about the bearing frame. Dig on & dig up more fun!
Fred

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: andy volkerts

That little amber flask is super great!! The brass knuckles are actually the spacer for the balls that keeps the balls equally spaced between themselves in a ball bearing, fits between the inner and outer races and holds the balls........

Ok that makes seance,but what was it used for ? [:D]

ILUV2DIG

Reaction score
Hey Rick...I'm still waiting for you to find another "killer" puce eagle flask? what gives man? SHOW US SOME REAL GOODIES![;)]

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: ILUV2DIG

Hey Rick...I'm still waiting for you to find another "killer" puce eagle flask? what gives man? SHOW US SOME REAL GOODIES![;)]

Going over old threads

That's a once in a lifetime find.I doubt I'll ever find a shard of one the rest of my digging days.[:)]

David Fertig

Reaction score
So is this guy still digging or what?

Come on Rick. Give us an update on his finds.

Better yet - have him post for himself.

The past year or better I have had to live my digging adventures through these blue pages. Just seems like the work keeps coming. Signed a demo contract for a late 18th century log house today. And that's on top of a couple barns I have going and another house we are about finished with.

saslls

Reaction score
I can relate to that excited feeling to find a whole bottle buried in the ground as I am new to this whole thing too.

It's funny how you experienced fellas view us newbies! LOL

If you guys could see my deck right now, you'd probably laugh. I have bottles all over waiting to be cleaned. Since I don't know what the bottles are or where they came from, I'm hanging onto them...I have a lot of research in my future.

David Fertig

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: saslls

I can relate to that excited feeling to find a whole bottle buried in the ground as I am new to this whole thing too.

It's funny how you experienced fellas view us newbies! LOL

If you guys could see my deck right now, you'd probably laugh. I have bottles all over waiting to be cleaned. Since I don't know what the bottles are or where they came from, I'm hanging onto them...I have a lot of research in my future.

I still drag a bunch of junk home Lisa. And I have been collecting for almost 30 years.

One of the things I do for income is pre-1880 building salvage. I always tell the guys, "Always set it (anything from bottles to cardboard boxes to car parts) aside for me to look at. And if I don't know, I usually take it home. I can always throw it out later.

You can always throw it out later. You can't always go back and retrieve something you left behind.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimk26