went dump digging w/ badger n john today

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

jamieyohnPA

Reaction score
Lol, yup,heard about those doctored up pics Rick loves to make......[:-]

jamieyohnPA

Reaction score
So on Monday my forearm started to hurt a little as if I was getting a bruise or something, by the next day it was pretty swollen and extremely painful everytime I moved my right arm at all without wanting to scream,and by Wednesday I decided to go to the ER cuz it was just excruciating, driving was a nightmare-I drive stick shift so I have to use my right hand more often, so they got me on antibiOtics and they said I have a bacterial infection cAlled cellulitis and it's most likely from digging on Sunday, even though I was wearing gloves! So just be
E careful out there guys!!

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: jamieyohnPA

Lol, well from what I can tell, badger doesnt bring a camera along with him and doesn't have a smartphone- or at least one w/ camera and Internet. Now Rick has to have his camera, I'm pretty sure he probably feels naked without it!so it's usually Rick being the photograher. Lol,

I can see it now "necked dump digging" [8D]

DE9D60FA98F140EEBFAB9377F2CAFF48.jpg

Attachments

• DE9D60FA98F140EEBFAB9377F2CAFF48.jpg
    DE9D60FA98F140EEBFAB9377F2CAFF48.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 71

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: jamieyohnPA

So on Monday my forearm started to hurt a little as if I was getting a bruise or something, by the next day it was pretty swollen and extremely painful everytime I moved my right arm at all without wanting to scream,and by Wednesday I decided to go to the ER cuz it was just excruciating, driving was a nightmare-I drive stick shift so I have to use my right hand more often, so they got me on antibiOtics and they said I have a bacterial infection cAlled cellulitis and it's most likely from digging on Sunday, even though I was wearing gloves! So just be
E careful out there guys!!

My dad just got out of the hospital,he had cellulitis . But he is diabetic

I don't think u got it from the dump. 40 years of digging and i never got a infection. Now if I went nude that would be a different story lol

epackage

Reaction score
I got it once from a minor scratch on my leg, it got really bad and it felt like my leg was broken for a few days.... I couldn't put any weight on my left leg for three days..

jamieyohnPA

Reaction score
well, at thr hospital they asked me what i did right before I noticed it and if I had gotten any bites or scratches or anything, and I mentioned how when I was out digging even though I was wearing gloves-pretty flimsy ones though-I had gotten a couples scratches and small punctures fron the shards,also got several more mosquito bites.He said that was most likely the source,the bacteria from either the pests or in the dirt getting into an open wound. But hey-I'm not dissin'diggin'!!!!! This sucks pretty bad,but I'd take it again any day before giving up digging for bottles[;)]

jamieyohnPA

Reaction score
yeah it hurts pretty bad, and it feels like its kinda squishy in there,eeew I know but theres icky fluids in there,but he said its good I got there when I did,that I should've come in earlier,but had I waited much longer it could have spread to my muscle tissue and thats when it gets really dangerous and painful I was told. My whole forearm and wrist were swollen to near double size when I went,when I had gone to bed the night before there was mild swelling, when I woke up and saw that-along with the intense pain-I was en route to the hospital in less than a minute! lol. but with the antibiotics and regular pain relievers its helping a little, I'm keeping a heating pad on it as much as possible too. The swelling is gone now but it still hurts pretty bad, and if I have to drive somewhere that makes it worse for a lil while. How long did it last when you had it?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimk26