Went shopping today.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

swizzle

Reaction score
Bought a Lydia Pinkhams with 80% of the paper label intact and 80% of the original pink box. I also got a clear Ear Violin bottle and 3 pontils. I'm no pontil expert but
I believe the first one I bought was an open pontil, slightly ground but still rough to the touch. A polished pontil decanter or vase and a perfume with a ground pontil. I didn't have the money or I would have bought a few other things. An odd shaped thunder mug, what I think is a master ink and a stoneware cone ink and a pitcher that looks to me like it might be colonial. also an odd looking clear bottle with blue swirls. Looked like a cross between a snuff and a flask?!? It was a good day. How much are the stoneware cone ink's worth? I think its what you might call a double collar. Jason

swizzle

Reaction score
Went back today and passed up the cone ink again and spent some money on a stoneware ink pot. It has a long hairline crack in it but it's intact. Its a dark tan outside with a cream color inside and a red swirl on the bottle. It has a weird looking chip out of the base. Instead of the exposed unglazed stoneware I expected to see I noticed that the chipped area is glazed as well. I saw some similar ones on ebay but I think this one looks better than those. It has a nice fat lip and 2 lines around it. One around the base of the neck and one just below the shoulder. I also bought a 1 gallon wintergreen essence bottle that reads 60 percent alcohol? It also has methyl silcate?!? I believe that's what it says. Jason

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdahlem