Went to buy some bottles and got this.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

LC

Reaction score
I believe it all has to do with timing, if the right people are on eBay to see the item when it is listed, it will do well, if they are not there, then the auction turns into a yard sale.

huffmnd

Reaction score
That is true, but you would think that with all of the people that go to ebay that somewhere in the mix there would be at least two people that would do a little bidding, but then again I guess that is what we all want to do. Find an excellent deal with no competition.

LC

Reaction score
Well, I can assure you of one thing, if I find something on eBay that I want, I have to battle it out with eight or ten people ! Never seen anything like it

huffmnd

Reaction score
LOL!!! That is the way that it goes unless you are like me and you bid on something, then you increase your maximum bid to make sure that nobody will out bid you. You win the auction and get the item......... it will either be broken, repaired or the joker never sends it and scams you and about half a dozen other people with iteme he never intended on shipping out.

LC

Reaction score
I remember the first item I bought on eBay. I bid on a vintage Esso oil bottle, gave eighty bucks for it. Never paid attention to where the seller was. Of course they were in England. If I had been paying attention, I never would have placed a bid on it. I did get the bottle, but the shipping charges were pretty steep. That was my first hard learned lesson on eBay. I have bought very little off there, and doubt that I will ever buy anything off there again.

huffmnd

Reaction score
I sell on there quite a bit, shipping charges aren't too bad as long as it doesn't weigh more than a pound going international. After that is when the charges start climbing. I hate it though when you run into somebody that is trying to make money on their shipping charges rather than on the item. I buy coins a lot and I have to watch them when you buy a coin for $20 and they try to charge you $99 to ship it.

LC

Reaction score
Well, I have sold a lot of items on eBay as well. In my auction terms, I state that I charge a $1.00 handling fee. Now, if it is something like a coin, or a small item that takes little or no time to package, I will not charge a handling fee at all, and will let the buyer know I have not charged him or her for it.

Just Dig it

Reaction score
that oxford waranted one with the eagle has 24 stars on it... that may help lead to a date unless thats all they could fit

huffmnd

Reaction score
I gave that a shot but that would date it to around 1822, that seems a little early for this one, I did a google search on the name GERMANIA CUTLWORKS but I came up empty.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaygause