Went to buy some bottles and got this.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bottlenutboy

Reaction score
i can get a pic.... all i have is a few U.S. Pat. Off. i think both 6 and 6 1/2 oz bottles if you want one you can have it for cost of shipping

i also have a "pat D" from Reading PA that i could sell you if you want it

Beebs

Reaction score
Huffmnd, I am not sure if this help you, but I checked out Kovel's & this is some of what I found.

Razors

Razors were used in ancient Egypt and subsequently wherever shaving was in fashion. The metal razor used in America until about 1870 was made in Sheffield, England. After 1870, machine-made hollow-ground razors were made in Germany or America. Plastic or bone handles were popular. The razor was often sold in a set of seven, one for each day of the week. The set was often kept by the barber who shaved the well-to-do man each day in the shop.

Category
Razors

Pattern or Item
Oxford Co

Description
Standing Nude, Grapes, Leaves, Celluloid Handles, Germany

Year

Price
$125.00

huffmnd

Reaction score
Hey thanks Beebs, I may have done a little better than I originally thought. I would imagine though that the nude figures on a razor would be worth more than an eagle but you never know. I had a meerschaum pipe that had ( I guess what you would call) a figurehead of a woman that was nude from the waist up and it brought a pretty penny. All of the ones that had eagles on them did not do as well but razors are a different ball game and it may be different. Out of curiosity I may put it on ebay to see what it will do.

dizzy

Reaction score
CAN ANYONE HELP ME I HAVE A GEORGE BUTLER & CO TRINITY WORKS SHEFFIELD ENGLAND RAZOR WITH ART CIRCLED .WITH SHAKESPERES HEAD ON THE BLADE WITH THE WORDS KEEN AS IS THIS RAZORS EDGE INVISIBLE' SHAKESPERE LOVES LABOR LOST BLACK HANDLE NO 1 ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE BLADE THE BOX HAS SHAKESPEREON AS WELL IS IT WORTH ANYTHING

dizzy

Reaction score
heres the picture

551C4ACE4715416FBE7617B6AD5D1000.jpg

Attachments

• 551C4ACE4715416FBE7617B6AD5D1000.jpg
    551C4ACE4715416FBE7617B6AD5D1000.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 70

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads