Went to the dump again! First whole local!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Wheelah23

Reaction score
Thanks a lot, Jim! The research is great! Always nice to have such local history...

I forgot to mention, the Sanford's bottle was full of ants when I dug it! I pulled it out and looked inside, and saw hundreds of ants crawling around in the bottom! Has anything like this happened to any of you guys?

Wheelah23

Reaction score
I've been digging this dump rather unevenly (digging for an hour or so every couple weekends) for about a month and a half now. All these bottles came from the same dump. I've dug more than just these, but I've left most of the unembossed meds, etc. behind. The quart blob in the back is embossed. Some criers in this dump. The breakage rate seems to be unusually high, likely due to the heavy machinery and the large boulders the construction company dumped onto the dump.

I can't decide on my favorite; it's definitely either the Montclair med or the nearly mint St. Louis bottle. As you can see, condition varies widely in this dump. Some bottles come out looking sparkly and beautiful, and others come out stained and dirty. I've just gotta hope that if I dig a good one, it comes from the rusty soil! The bottles that come out of the ash are generally very stained.

These are the fruits of my labors:

img3622n.jpg

tftfan

Reaction score
Nice digg'n, I like the group shot ! Thanks for the pics

epackage

Reaction score
Great group shot Connor, love that Amber Cone Ink....keep pluggin' away buddy....Jim

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyH