WHAT ARE THE ODDS OF THIS?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

DIGGINDAVE

Reaction score
so i had 30 spare minutes today and decided to take a quick walk down to an old dump I've dug and try to find a new spot. It sits across from 3 old colonial homes on the opposite side of the street on a sloping bank down to a creek. Well I walked about 200 feet down to another spot where I could see there was once an old path there or a wagon trail. There were no signs so I just picked a spot and dug a 6 inch diameter hole down about a feet. I took one more dig w/ my hard plastic spade and felt that telltale sign of glass or china. I wiped away some dirt and saw a white and blue porcelain shard. I took a few minutes to carefully escavate it, and out came a nice old cup whole! Now I was pumped because I thought I had found a second dump, but I dug test holes all around in that area and didn't hit a single piece of glass, or any sign that there was dumping there. What are the odds of finding that cup in the middle of the woods like that on my first dig! Must have been divine intervention from the bottle gods :)
CUP2.jpg

CUP1.jpg

waskey

Reaction score
Thats a great find ive done that before a couple times too; just deciding to dig in a random spot and somehow finding a bottle, although my finds like that are no where near as nice as that.

downeastdigger

Reaction score
Crawling through the mud and briars of Eliot Maine
Thats a pretty crazy one! As I've said before, those are the types of areas where I use my short woods probe, and occasionally come up with a "tossed" bottle.

Pretty weird to find a tea cup out there so randomly though. Looks like an early one, although as time goes by I'm realizing I cant "date" China to save my life.

thanks for the post

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raybrdn