What are these?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Wildcat wrangler

Reaction score
image.jpg
Well that’s better than what I just came on to say, given all the medical weird crap in that lot of stuff. In teeny tiny letters on the thing, that I can hardly see- it took all day to find it says “pat Bye & L May 3 1910” and on the next line it says (the part I couldn’t read) “Red cross germ proof glass mouthpiece”. So I’m thinking it maybe screwed onto one of those airbags they used for anesthesia during surgery or to help somebody breathe? I like that it goes to a phone better than that. How do I get rid of it? Lol! Almost threw it in the trash right then! This is the kind of stuff in that box, but with a bunch of perfumes and druggist bottles and owl bottles. Ewwww:

image.jpg

Thank you, you guys are simply amazingly great.. so good. Nhpharm, do u think the other one is part of a pipe?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 70

Wildcat wrangler

Reaction score
I'm pretty confident in saying that none of them are pipes. I think an insulator is a pretty good guess for the ceramic thing, although I've never seen one like it. The funnel thing looks somewhat reminiscent of part of a breast pump, although not a design that I've seen before. What does the embossing on it say?

You have better eyes than I do…. Only just noticed any writing on it, today. They made it so tiny like a boarder. I just about tossed it after reading “pat Bye & L. (Who is that?!) MAY 3 1910 and- Red Cross germ proof glass mouth piece”. We thought it might screw on to some bag for anesthesia or oxygen? A phone part is much better. Now I have to figure out how to get rid of it…. (The trash can thought was much easier!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
You know I thought it looked like a telephone mouthpiece, but dismissed that because I couldn't think why they would make them out of glass. That's a great find in that case! Certainly doesn't look like a reproduction either.

Joelbest

Bucks
Reaction score
The porcelain one has Scorch marks 3/4ths of the way up …. Like a pipe? (Did they have pipe bowls out of ceramic or whatever that is?)The glass one had red crosses around it? The original k-cup coffee pod? A straining small funnel? Well it looks like it was an important part for something. Having poured a lotta candles, my head went there too.. but it would drip wax all over- but strain out the big chunks? It would make a nice holder for burning Incense sticks .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Whatever it is,isn’t it fun just to guess? Something so insignificant could create so much conversation. Even the guesses are pretty boring. Nobody has guessed anything crazy. This is about the journey not the destination. I like to think that no matter what it is the Nazi’s are after it . So you must protect it at all costs. It belongs in a museum.
I may have seen Indiana Jones once or twice.

Wildcat wrangler

Reaction score
Whatever it is,isn’t it fun just to guess? Something so insignificant could create so much conversation. Even the guesses are pretty boring. Nobody has guessed anything crazy. This is about the journey not the destination. I like to think that no matter what it is the Nazi’s are after it . So you must protect it at all costs. It belongs in a museum.
I may have seen Indiana Jones once or twice.
I thought breast pump was a pretty good guess! That’s funny stuff there. At all costs, I will protect it with my life. S#\t will get real, if the Nazis or Mr Jones show up here!

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TDF.1973