What color is my ink?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

botlguy

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: soda bottle

I hesitate to throw a damper on this thread but have these been reproduced? If so I am not aware of it and am just trying to inform myself.

Good point but I dont believe they have ever been reproduced. This example has base wear and the same embossing seen on other J&IEM inks I have seen.
I'm REALLY glad to hear this, I was hoping it was so. I absolutely HATE reproductions and fakes.

botlguy

Reaction score
Each monitor, each camera, each eye is different but I see no green in it at all which in my mind is required for Citron. I have a Citron LIGHTNING Fruit Jar and this and that look nothing alike.

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Each monitor, each camera, each eye is different but I see no green in it at all which in my mind is required for Citron. I have a Citron LIGHTNING Fruit Jar and this and that look nothing alike.
Doesn't matter, call it citron and double the price.[:)][:)][:)]
People love citron or just saying that word????[:D][:D][:D][:D]

RED Matthews

Reaction score
HI ALL; I noticed in this thread a concern about this side spout ink bottle possibly being a repro. I sure woouldn't worry about that possibility. First of all it requires a mold. but most importantly it requires a formed parison that is almost shaped like a golf club head on a blowpipe. That side laying bubble of glass has to be placed and closed in the mold while it is still quite pliable to the pull of gravity. When it is closed int he mold the final blow has to be quickly done; because the center top of the bubbled parison can fall and touch the bottom glass - creating a bird swing in the bottle. Off-set or side set parisons made a lot of the AVON bottles a ( hell-of-a-job ) when I worked at Thatcher Glass. People got fired and even quit their jobs trying to make some of those like the Pheasant, Duck, and several that didn't get made on the I-S Machine. RED Matthews

CazDigger

Reaction score
There are repro unembossed igloo inks with the higher dome in bright colors that have fooled a lot of people, but the JEIM embossed ones are all good as far as I know. Nice find!

Stardust

Reaction score
It is true we all see things differently [8|]
Here's a guide that may help.

http://www.antiquebottles.com/color/

Calbottlegirl

Reaction score
I would say yellow amber and I have never seen that color in an igloo. Awesome find!
Citron is more green /yellow.
Jan [8D]

deenodean

Reaction score
you might try and take a picture of it outside in natural light...I am sure you will get more opinions...regardless, what a SCORE..

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mistymad28