What do you think about this Flask?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Indianabottledigger

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: appliedlips

That's a nice one too Nate. Charles Abel was in business in the late 1850's. The sided bottles are not rare but are very attractive early sodas and still bring a decent price. If you ever see a C. Abel that isn't sided don't pass it up they are much harder to come by. Did you dig that one? I remember pulling 3 pontilled sodas out of a hole in Indiana that turned out to be 3 different St. Louis pontilled sodas and 3 of the most common. If they had been from anywhere in Indiana they would have been much more desireable. Come to think of it, is there a common pontil soda from your state other than maybe something from Evansville?

Thanks for the info Doug. I didn't dig this one I got in a trade along with the flask. The soda is dug but the flask isn't, it is in excellent condition. As far as a common pontiled soda from IN they are all pretty hard to get none of them are common for me anyways. LOL Any est on value for the soda Doug or anyone also color?

appliedlips

Reaction score
If undamaged the Abel is around $80. Going on your first, well lit picture it is a rich aqua. These are usually found in deep shades of aqua. There are some teal ones around and about every other one that pops up on ebay gets described as teal even though most aren't.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles