What I found today...

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

thesodafizz

Reaction score
Picked the Grapette poster in a local antique store.....the bottle came thru eBay.

1ACAC9041D324E14BAF1F8EF4BAF6BD2.jpg

Attachments

• 1ACAC9041D324E14BAF1F8EF4BAF6BD2.jpg
    1ACAC9041D324E14BAF1F8EF4BAF6BD2.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 64

thesodafizz

Reaction score
Green Donald Duck is from Mexico....

0E4BBB21F9F24E27B47F671CE0320462.jpg

Attachments

• 0E4BBB21F9F24E27B47F671CE0320462.jpg
    0E4BBB21F9F24E27B47F671CE0320462.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 66

cobaltbot

Reaction score
The Grappette picture is awesome, I recently picked up a Grappette bottle like that from York, Pa. How do you say Donald Duck in spanish?

thesodafizz

Reaction score
The Grapette sign is in both the Soda Pop Collectibles books for $350 in one and $400 in the other. I think the $400 one is dated 2000, so no telling what it would be now. I found it in an antique shop, in all it's glory, for a whole $40.

(A side note here - I have it from a reputable source, someone who did one of his books with him, that Petretti gives higher prices for stuff he has and lower prices for stuff he needs, then jumps the price up after he gets it, so his prices can't really be trusted. I mean, how would one know whether he has the item, or not? But at least, it's a vague idea of value, if nothing else. That's why, for a long time, I used BJ Summers' books to compare. Now, I have given up on it because it was just too much trouble to always have to compare books and stuff. If I want it, and can pay the $ asked for it, I get it. Once I get it, it goes on the shelf and begins its life of colletcting dust.)

The Mexican Duck bottle was on eBay. I won it for $15.50 + shipping. I asked the seller if he had any more, he said he had two more. I offered him $15 each for the other two, but he just couldn't get it together to realize what I was asking him, even after tellhig him it would be $45 plus postage for all three. So, I gave up and just paid the auction off for the one bottle. Then I had to file a claim with Paypal to get the bottle sent. It came the same day that Paypal refunded me the $ for it. That figures!

Have more stuff in boxes behind my chair here, when I can give myself a break from working on the July issue of B&E to take them.

Speaking of waiting, the Soda Fizz is supposed to come today if Fedex tracking info can be trusted ("out on truck for delivery"). So, I'll have to change horses and do what I call "lick and stick" to get stamps and labels on them - and out to everyone. So, this is the Jan-Feb issue I am mailing and this is the end of May, which means I have Mar-Apr and May-June to do to catch up. So, I guess as soon as I get this issue of B&E done, and before I do the Expo souvenir program, I will do another Fizz (Mar-Apr), especially if it's going to take 3 weeks to get it from the printer dudes. And so on and so forth until I catch up for real. But there's going to be 6 "double issues" in 2008 if it kills me (even if two of them have to come at the same time).

I had to laugh when I got an email the other day complimenting the latest issue of Bottles and Extras, addressed to "my staff." Yeah! All three of us - me, myself and I. (But I do give credit to the authors, because without them, I'd have nothing to do. Credit to the printers, obviously for what they do. Credit to Bill Baab and June Lowry for hours of proofing. Hubby for putting up with one stressed out little meme in the last couple of days before uploading the files to the printer's server. Credit again to June Lowry for approving the proofs to save sending them back and forth from Missouri to N.C. - when it's all camera ready anyway But layout, cover design, graphics, ad creations, etc. - all that is me, myself and I.)

But back to the subject of this thread. I love seeing everyone's stuff, and figured, perhaps someone might want to see some of mine once in awhile. It's a rare occassion, because everything is at my house in Tenn., so I have to get it to smile pretty when it drops by for a "visit" on its way to Tenn.

And a $400 sign for $40 isn't a bad deal. It's the kind of thing we all dream of.... (Like the Coke 'nekid lady' Vienna Art Plate I picked up in an antique mall's booth for $235, framed and in the shadow box no less. I sold it after offering it in the Fizz to a guy who had the other three and was missing only this one - the hardest to find.)

Ah, the day in the life......
K.

madman

Reaction score
yo soda fizz love yer mag!dug alot of grapettes from1939 great poster how much did ya have to give ? mike

T D

Reaction score
Hey Kathy, great looking girl, when I get my kids thru college, I'm gonna add a few Grapette girls (and others too) to my bottle collection. I missed the Duck, seems like a good deal. Looking foward to the 4th edition ACL book. Tom

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdahlem