What in the world is THIS???????

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Brandons Bottles

Reaction score
I have no clue what this is, which is why I bought it at an antiques store. It's got a nice color and a Double Collar top (I think).There are no seams anywhere, but there is a ring going around the shoulder and another ring about an inch below that one. Under these rings, there are swirls, but I don't think it's striations. I think it also has a cleaned iron pontil, but I'm not sure. Any help to age or what this thing was would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks.
004-11.jpg

005-10.jpg

006-9.jpg

Poison_Us

Reaction score
I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's modern.... I don't see any base wear and the top looks more ornate than anything.....but that's just first impressions...I haven't looked anything up yet.

cyberdigger

Reaction score
To me, it looks like a turn-mold miniature liquor bottle.. cute lil bugger..

Brandons Bottles

Reaction score
Does this mean it's modern then? I thought for shure it would be old because of no seams and those swirls. If not, oh well.. It's still a pretty nice window bottle.

Brandons Bottles

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: RED Matthews

Well if it is turn mold - how was it turned?  RED Matthews

You can kind of see those swirls in the last picture so I guess horizontally. I don't really know at all...[8|]

swizzle

Reaction score
I'm gonna say its a bottle myself. Just has the same basic shape and hollow cavity that most bottles have so yeah its a bottle!! [:)]

cyberdigger

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: RED Matthews

Well if it is turn mold - how was it turned?  RED Matthews
Hi, Red!
That's an uncharacteristically brief contribution from you.. so my guess is you either disagree with my turn-mold theory and are getting ready to explain why it can't be so, or you're asking us because you don't know how turn-molds work at all.. I would not be able to finish my dinner if the latter was the case, my whole understanding of the workings of the universe would be set off kilter in a most disturbing fashion, so.. what's the scoop?

Brandons Bottles

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: swizzle

I'm gonna say its a bottle myself. Just has the same basic shape and hollow cavity that most bottles have so yeah its a bottle!! [:)]

I have been so tempted to say this same thing on so many "What is it?" s, but never wanted to make the person mad.[8D]

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday