what is it with these outrageous shipping charges?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

LC

Reaction score
The Postal boxes are great if what you are selling fits nicely into them .They were never much of a blessing for me . When I was selling on ebay , seemed the boxes were always too big , or too small , or wrong shape . I was constantly going to stores getting boxes of various size and shapes . Many times I had to take a box and cut it down to size to make certain items fit to try and cut down on weight . Also when I was selling , the Postal Service quit making tape available to its customers . It has been a while since I have sold anything on eBay , so maybe the Postal Service is furnishing tape again .

GuntherHess

Reaction score
If you do much shipping you should check out
http://www.uline.com/
They have very cheap prices on boxes and about any other shipping stuff you would need. Much better than the ripoff prices at Office Depot or Staples.

div2roty

Reaction score
I'd be bidding on one or the other of these but I've already got examples in my collection purchased many moons ago when most hutches were looked down upon as Poor Man's Sodas...blobtop, iron pontil, Gold Rush era sodas were the only sodas worth collecting of course.

I wish I was collecting Del hutches when that was true, but I started behind the ol eight ball.

Lordbud

Reaction score
Check out how many times the winning bidder on the Herve & Somps bid himself up. Never seen anything like this stupid.
http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=220553245278

jays emporium

Reaction score
That really is stupid. I wouldn't do it, but when a seller sees something like that they could get a friend to bid on the item to run the price up. You can tell it would sell for a lot higher than what the buyer ended up paying for it.
I wouldn't do it because you will get kicked off ebay if they figure it out.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday