What is this - it's almost a torpedo, but not. . .

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

VaChick

Reaction score
Hi - you guys are so great at taking the time to help newbies like me and I really appreciate it!
In my parents collection, I found two bottles that are almost torpedos but aren't. They're green and weigh more than they look like they should. The seams go all the way to the top, so I know it's after 1900, but there's no embossing. The bottom is almost rounded - and there seems to be a lot of circular 'cut' marks.
I included a picture.
This must be a common type bottle, and I'm wondering what it was used for, and maybe when it was made.
Again, any help is appreciated!
vachick

Ki18254.jpg

Attachments

• Ki18254.jpg
    Ki18254.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 83

APOTHEHUTCH

Reaction score
Hello and good evening Vachick,These bottles are quite common.It is a circa 1915-1935 paper label crowntop soda bottle.These particular high shoulder type bottles were mostly used for bottlers that bottled ginger-ale. the sharp circular mark on the bottom is typical with all early machine-made bottles and has something to do with suction of bottle out of the mold when it was made. Yours is definatly one of the earlier type, probably teens. The later(30s)type, dont have the rounded base,otherwise there about the same. apothehutch

VaChick

Reaction score
Apothehutch
Thanks!! I don't have to wonder about these anymore!!
VaChick

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AuctionAnnie