What is this mark?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

sandytoga

Reaction score
I posted this a few days ago, but I'm not sure what it is. I live outside Saratoga Springs, NY and I found this bottom piece on the surface around some other mineral shards. I thought it might be another Saratoga bottle, but I can't find anything on google and I don't have my own research books yet. Any ideas?

big_s.jpg

77waystodeal3

Reaction score
The S Was Used By Alot Of Comp. Some Ref. Say Unknown...........But I Bet Someone Here will Know..they are commonlly found on the base's of Brown Strapside fasks.....But Not Your's Good Luck.....77....[8D]

77waystodeal3

Reaction score
If I had To Guess I'd Put My money On.......Saratoga Bottleing Comp.,Saratoga Springs....If there ever Was One...[8D]

towhead

Reaction score
Click on "Search" above and then type in "marks" and select "topics only". You will find some info for bottle marks....

tigue710

Reaction score
I've a dug a bunch of those down here, they were quart size blob top beers, applied blob on them, no other embossing except for the S on the bottom. I also dug a few with X's and debossed squares in the base. Never made the Saratoga connection but it would make sense, A few of the Saratoga company's did use quart amber blobs, I have one that says Lincoln springs on it, Saratoga...

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles