What is your worst bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

sandchip

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: UncleBruce

If you are refering to items in our collections I have two:

I would like to upgrade them.

153110E044934561AF66C4AB5F0C43F1.jpg

That white beer looks hellacious. Wow, I wouldn't mind having one of those myself.

RIBottleguy

Reaction score
I didn't know there was a torpedo from Paterson! I'll keep my eye out for it. I have a lot of "junk" bottles from my younger digging days. I'm working on tossing them, making a new dump, or giving them away.

Here's a real beauty that I think I finally tossed

F06FA0FD3B6E428498DDF5DB23BDBB0E.jpg

Attachments

• F06FA0FD3B6E428498DDF5DB23BDBB0E.jpg
    F06FA0FD3B6E428498DDF5DB23BDBB0E.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 75

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
What is your worst bottle
I never knew there was such a thing until I started getting rid of everything. The worst ones are already in the bin, now it's just the stuff to donate somewhere and a few I'll keep for sentimental reasons.

Brains

Reaction score
wow, those bottles suck [:D]
At the TOC dump i dig sometimes, i find all kinds of awful bottles. They suck, and they make me sad. SO, what i do with them, i act like they're artillery and i'm shooting them across the river at a bike path. They never make it to the path, because the goal is to lob them as high in the air as possible and not so much take out bikers with pond's cold creams, but they usually make a big splash in the river and joggers slow down to see what's up... that's when the pond's cold creams come flyin'.
Sometimes i also dig up pieces of, or a descent complete section of some sort of ceramic pipe. I affix the pipe to a dead tree stump that it will fit over, and my goal becomes trying to see if i can launch the bottles at the pipe and see them explode. Me and my dad did that until glass shot back at us, IT WAS AWESOME YO.
One more thing.......... there's a mysterious tree with a big old hollow stump, and i once chucked some awful broken bottle in it, and it responded with a splash. Turns out, it was full of water, but i determined immediately it was actually "primordial ooze", and that if i threw enough bottles into it one day bottle life would crawl out.
I hope someone finds my dig site (other than the previous diggers... who may or may not have returned by now) and just asks themselves, "Why.........."
thanks for the laugh, worst bottles are fun.

RCO

Reaction score
in the garage i would have a few that would qualify , sometimes i save examples of unusual broken or damaged bottles i find . there is a box in the garage that contains a few of them , don't have pictures of them but i'm sure everybody finds one now and then they just can't throw away even though its damaged

VTdigger

Reaction score
I saved a lot of slicks when I first started digging. I remember I must have a sack full of slicks from my first dig at the TOC dump. My worst bottle would have to be a Curtice brothers preservers ketchup bottle, I hate digging those.

beendiggin

Reaction score
I hate this bottle and I don't know why I keep it-

F852A5BBAB60431EB73441FDEF5C9C87.jpg

Attachments

• F852A5BBAB60431EB73441FDEF5C9C87.jpg
    F852A5BBAB60431EB73441FDEF5C9C87.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 80

beendiggin

Reaction score
What, did I say something wrong or is this just a tough crowd? ?

zecritr

Reaction score
yep can [:D]see why you hate it
think you should send it to me so that i can display opps i mena dispose of it properly yeah that's what i i really meant
LMAO[sm=lol.gif]

andy volkerts

Reaction score
Tough crowd![:D] My worst would be the inevitable clear California fig syrup bottles that seem to show up in all but the oldest holes, must have broken a zillion of em. Send that puce Eagle this way when ya get a chance[;)]

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
angieb1229