what kind of bottle and age ?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

scottr

Reaction score
About 16 inches tall and about as round as a milk jug

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Back to you Scott; If you are into old bottles - If I were you - I would keep it. I just went thr9ugh the whole posted thread again, and feel coimfortale with my analyeis of your good fortune. If you can't afford to keep it - then I would recommend auctioning it off. People that know what it is, will have to pay today's price to get it.I have invested low dollars that I could afford to have nearly 2,000 pieces of old glass - to study how the hand made item was made, and let the marks on the glass tell me about the method they used to make it. i let the glass tell me by knowing what happened as it was made. Some day my daughter's will have to sell them off. I am in the process or making write ups for each item, that will help her secure fair value - and we have no idea of what they get out of the stuff - but it has given me a lot of smiles to study some of them over again. Glass has been the best thing in the world for me. And it has taken me all over the world selling improved methods and material to make better glass. RED Matthews

scottr

Reaction score
I looked inside the bottle it looks like a brown are black tar substance is in it .want was out .

RED Matthews

Reaction score
So scottr I tried to send you a PM. but I am not sure it got to you. I don't know of your decision, but I like the bottle. So keep me in mind - but if I were in your shoes - i would keep it. If you need money I could send you 50 + 10 for shipping. RED M.

scottr

Reaction score
Lol i always need money but i collect soda bottle and i don't let them go for change .

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Well scott, we are on our way to FL. The black birds are flocking to go south, two batches of geese honked by - so we are doing it also. The birds can't be smarter than people, I will look for your reply next week. RED M.

scottr

Reaction score
Im keeping it for a trade for some local bottles for now

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
angieb1229