What kind of bottle is this?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Reaction score
Hello All,
I was out diving today and came across many different types of glass items while at this site. I am wondering if you could look at the picture provided and help me identify the greenish bottle laid down with the rounded bottom it is marked VIVO on the bottom of it and I was curious if anyone knew how old it was & what was in it when full?

Thanks

Pn36200.jpg

Attachments

• Pn36200.jpg
    Pn36200.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 77

tazmainiendigger

Reaction score
That is a interesting mix you have there, did they all come from the same spot? Some look older then others... The green bottle you show and describe was probally wine minus the straw basket it came in to stand upright. Is the small milk glass looking bottle on the left embossed? Taz

kumtow

Reaction score
Hi NEBD
The round end bottle is most likely an Italian wine that has a basket woven around it so it can stand up as tazmainiendigger said. They can still be bought today and are mostly found in Italian restaurants. I forget the name of the wine and there is probably more than one.

Reaction score
Yes they were all found in same place!
I came across broken up round bottoms and broken blob tops and then new stuff all mixed in the same area.
OK the rounded wine bottle goes in the garbage...[:D] Now that you helped on that one.

The best thing I thought I found to me was the broken cup with the navy anchor on it but if you read my recovery page on my website you`ll see why...lol

Thanks

David E

Reaction score
I have the green round one, but a little darker than yours and Acid Etched TIPO.
Has no seams and it looks like turned in mold (striation marks around the bottle.
The top seems to be part of the bottle (Like the whole thing came out of mold to include the top) Allways thought it to me USA, has seed bubbles and other blems.
Well anyway have had it for so long going to keep it.
Dave

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorginaAc