what to do with broken bottles and shards of glass

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Dragon0421

Reaction score
I have seen some wild stuff you all do so i thought i would start this thread i was looking to see what everyone could do with what they have i have a barrell of broke glass that i have made charms out of for people but i have also seen you all do lamp shades and other great things. Was wondering what you all do with yours. Lets see what you got.

bombboy

Reaction score
I know a lady in NV that uses large pieces to make wind chimes, sells them to tourist on the way to Death Valley. I always thought of grinding down the sharp edges, polishing them up and making pendants out of the colored pieces, much like I do with agates and jaspers.

surfaceone

Reaction score
Decorative accessories are good.
broken-glass-chandelier_2_JFGQM_69.jpg

See through shoes are always nice.
glass-slipper-300x300.jpg
A bit too much rigaree for everyday wear though.

Paige-Novick-jewelry.jpg
Soviet Jewry.

Emily+LItella.jpg

VTdigger

Reaction score
I'm making a display room in my basement for my bottles, In part of it I thought of an idea for shards and broken bottles, as some are so nice even broken all to heck. I was thinking of getting and old Bath tub or big bucket filling it with some rocks and dirt and "burying" some of the broken bottles and shards making a "mini bottle dump" in the bottle room.

NWdiggold

Reaction score
I keep all the broken neck tops, they look cool strung on a wire, also if I start finding neck tops I know I have not hunted the area.

LtlBtl

Reaction score
Bottles with top/lip damage, I put into my gardens, top down. We use hock wines and other big uglies also . Cheaper than reflecting globes and I don't care if the animals knock them over and break.
Bigger shards, especially pottery, we use in rock gardens/walls, stone paths, around bases of perrenials.
Doll heads , nice slug plates, anything with eye appeal and not sharp, we'll use on the surface of potted plants.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BigJayKay