What to Know More about L&V Root Beer Bottle Pulled out of dump

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

spunsugaree

Reaction score
Hi! I'm new to this forum but both my boyfriend and I are "bottle dump junkies" located in Connecticut. Last week we were digging in a dump close to our house and found this L&V Root Beer bottle under the roots of a huge dead maple growing out of the middle of the dump. Amazingly this beauty made it through in remarkable condition aside from a bruise to the back of the lip. All the embossing is crisp and readable and the glass isn't hazy at all. We tried to research the bottle online but haven't come up with anything to speak of. Hopefully somebody here might be able to help us to find out more!!

The front of the bottle reads:

California Medicated

Trade L & V Mark

Root Beer

The back reads:

Bottle Registered Not Sold

To Be Returned to

L & V

It has a blob top with no visible pontil on the bottle and is approx. 13" tall. Anything anybody knows would be appreciated, we absolutley love this bottle and just want to know more about it. Thanks in advance!!

Attachments

• 309C8A0815E84552B703811B48C61A0B.jpg
    309C8A0815E84552B703811B48C61A0B.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 58

madpaddla

Reaction score
spunsugaree,

Welcome to the forum there are a bunch of nice people in here and helpful. Dump digger here in CT also. Hope the digs go well and maybe we can throw some shovels sometime. Not many diggers posting on here from CT, I almost thought I had the whole state to myself. lol Anyway welcome to the forum and post some pics of your finds when you can. Madpaddla

Oldtimer

Reaction score
NICE root beer ! Is your name a take off of "Sugaree" by the greatful dead? "Shake it sugaree"?

Anyways, I am posting the pic for everyone to see. Nice. Wish it were mine. I'd say it has a fair value..imo 40-100 bucks depending on th3e collector...but what do I knw?

0E53D9A0140C4F7CA02F60091CA43CB9.jpg

Attachments

• 0E53D9A0140C4F7CA02F60091CA43CB9.jpg
    0E53D9A0140C4F7CA02F60091CA43CB9.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 68

spunsugaree

Reaction score
Old Timer,

Thanks for the info and for posting the pic of our bottle! I couldn't figure out how to post it on here for the life of me. Yes, my name is a take off from the Grateful Dead song. Sugaree is one of my many favorite songs by the GD.

I'm excited that someone else appreciates this bottle as much as my boyfriend and I do. It was so satisfying to pull something so nice out of a dump with high yields of bottles but not much out of the ordinary. We are sort of "chasing the dragon" now after finding it, we are both down in the dump everyday after pulling 8-9hr days working outside in the heat. Hopefully all the hard work and digging will pay off by hitting another nice deep pocket of fabulous bottles! I'll make sure to post anything of interest.Thanks Again!

Kate

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdahlem