What would be the 'holy grail' of bottle finds?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

AvoidingWork

Reaction score
now that's a cool idea. I've been collecting the bits of flow-blue and transferware pottery that always turn up in my dig. Someday I'll grout them together and make a frame. or something.

kumtow

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
My holy grail would be a cobalt blue Husband Bros Townsville Codd bottle. As far as the Tvl collectors are aware a complete example has never been found. Alternatively a blue lip York hybrid would do nicely[8D]

IRISH

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind a cobalt Husband Bros codd myself now that you mention it [:D] , the Cossak and Roebourne codds have more writing on them though (I've never seen even a piece of the Cossak one but have been told the details of it by a well known digger in WA from the 1970's and 80's).

Tandy

Reaction score

[:)] I guess my "holy grail" of bottles would be either a Catties (Renmark) stone ginger beer, or a Burgess (Port Pirie) stone ginger beer. [:)] ....but then I collect ginger beers.

Aerated

Reaction score
For me it would have to be a 10oz Moffet & Co Invercargill (New Zealand) Blue-lipped
Acme-Reliance Codd Hamilton Hybrid. Quite a mouthful!.Considered one of the top NZ bottles. They sell for Thousands when they come up for sale (hardly ever).
There is quite a good range of desirable NZ codds/patents I would like, & the more I think about it the bigger the list gets!.[:D]

bearswede

Reaction score
What's with all this cobalt crap??!!!???

Give me a couple of matching about mint 1857 dark green 14 inch cone-shaped Bryant's Stomach Bitters...

Wahoo... I'm dizzy just thinking about them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ron

vnovakane

Reaction score
What are the Cobolt Blue bottles going for ??? I have a few, also 4 Smyrnoff shot glasses ..

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyH