What would be the 'holy grail' of bottle finds?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

diginit

Reaction score
I have to agree with Oldtimer,a 12 or 14 or 16 paneled, pontiled, embossed Emerald green or Cobalt master ink would look great with my inks.
Vnovakane-by the way,
The price of cobalt bottles,as with all bottles, varies with age, condition, and rarity. Each bottle should be appraised separately. Any background info is a plus. Even if your just curious.

drjhostetters

Reaction score
Hey A W,

I was "coin shooting" an old cemetery (someone once told me they used to put coins on the top of the tombstones as a "tip" for the caretaker and I was hoping one or two fell off and I might be able to recover it..)..anyway...a lady came up and assked what I was doing and she told me about this old dump down the hill from the cemetery and she was looking mostly for broken shards because she used them to make stained glass pictures and window hangings that she sold at flea markets....neat idea I thought...another way to preserve our heritage and make something useful out of "trash"....recycling our heritage as it were..
Happy New Year and may you find your "Holy Grail" in your next dig...

The Doc...[X(]

vnovakane

Reaction score
I have 7 cobolt blue bottles;
1- 4 in. Bromo-seltzer....Emerson Drug Co. Baltimore,MD
1- 3 in. bottle with a glass dropper still in it... has 5 elongatted ribs vertically down the front and 2 on each side...it hsa 1 oz. on the front... it has a ringed neck for a screw top...
2- 2 in. 1 is 8 sided with vertical ribs on the top... the neck has rings for a screw top... the other has 3 sides in the front and rounded in the back, also with ringed neck...
1- is approx. 5.5 in. tall ,has 7 elongated ribs in front and 2 on each side... has a thick rim at the top for a cork...on the bottom it has an A with an arch over it, and the #'s 871 on one side and either 9 or 6 on the other...
the last 2 are VICKS bottles, one in perfact shape,the other melted from the fires...

ronvae

Reaction score
I think my (current) "Holy Grail of Bottles" would be a prohibition-era soda from a brewing company with "bravery", "generosity", or "chastity" embossed on it. I already have "Lovit Soda" from the "Sobriety Co.", and a "Purity Brewing Co.". I'd like to end up with a little prohibition-era virtue collection. :)

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Ok, you've all read this story but anything like this, http://www.maineantiquedigest.com/articles/pick0699.htm . It doesn't matter what bottle, that kind of find is cool. I could easily part with that to buy 1 or 2 (hundred) I'd like to keep.

stubby

Reaction score
Hello;
Around here torpedo bottles are amoung top finds for most of the people I scuba dive with. especially a Glendenning torpedo one of the first locally produced soda waters.
stubby
Nova Scotia Canada

WhiteLighting

Reaction score
Holy Grail----- To find another "J. Lake Schenectady",Deep cobolt blue 1850's iron pontil ,no chips and 4 in existance,thats a find!...........
to bad i sold the one i found,but its in good hands.............

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
A olive green with puce tone pontilled Zutriff Conundrum. No such thing you say, maybe it just hasn't been found yet.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TDF.1973