Whats going on on Ebay?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

hansmc

Reaction score
Has anybody else noticed the high prices that damaged iron pontil mineral waters and sodas have been bringing lately? And whats with the prices of unembossed and mineral water only bottles? I have all but given up bidding. It seems like unembossed and mineral water only bottles are bringing more than embossed variants should. Am I missing something?
-Hans-

Oldihtractor

Reaction score
It's the nature of the beast.. demand drives price. If your talking about the ones on there now The carpenters even damaged are worth a few dollars..

I belive unembossed mineral water versions are harder to get esp if your putting a color run together than the embossed ones are.. ..

If you pay attention to bidders it's always the same few people on most of them..

I kinda thought some good deals have ben had lateley I picked this penno's for 86.00

https://www.antique-bottles.net/forum/m-476542/mpage-1/key-/tm.htm#476546

and a few other nice ones for not much more than that

hansmc

Reaction score
There have been some very good deals on some lately. I watched the pennos you won. I was very surprised to see that bring less than half of what some unembossed bottles have brought lately. Nice bottle.
-Hans-

Oldihtractor

Reaction score
even a damaged bottle ie lip chip or not badley damaged can easily be repaired and still have a nice bottle for a fraction of the price say a bottle worth 1000.00 with a lip chip for a hundred bucks.. fix it and 20 or 30 years from now its gonna be worth more than that.. plus you had it to enjoy and fill the void in your collection till you find a nicer one..

Oldihtractor

Reaction score
I thought the Penno's would do 300-500 easy considering the small state and the way bottles have ben selling ..

ORIGINAL: hansmc

There have been some very good deals on some lately. I watched the pennos you won. I was very surprised to see that bring less than half of what some unembossed bottles have brought lately. Nice bottle.
-Hans-

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorginaAc