What's your BEST bottle??

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Don't laugh but this saved from a summer of misery.

fleashampoo.jpg

Plumbata

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: cowseatmaize

Don't laugh but this saved from a summer of misery.

Ooh there must be an interesting story behind that, lol. Please elaborate! [:D]

bostaurus

Reaction score
I think I would count his as my "best". If I had to sell all the bottles I own this would be the one I would keep. It belonged to my great grandfather and probably belonged to his father.
When my grandfather was 4 years old and wealthy landowner came to his father's blacksmith shop and offered him money to take is place in the Civil War. By all accounts the man was thrown out of the shop and into the dirt road. It apparently got him to thinking about what he should do during the 'conflict'. A few days later he shut the shop, paid the rent on the house, and left to fight with an Alabama Regiment leaving his 4 year old son and 12 year old daughter alone. There mother had died earlier.
Within a few days the landlord had turned them out of the house and placed them in a shack usually used to store hay. One of the other landlords, a slave owner known for his cruelty, heard what happened to the kids. He said he knew he was a bad man but even he would not do that to children. He came with slaves and wood and fixed the shack for the kids. They lived there until their father returned 4 years later. My grandfather, that 4 year old, grew to be a wonderful man and is still remembered in stories to this day. My mom says she was always told he carried home made wine to church in that bottle for communion.
In the picture it is a bit dusty. I had just taken it down from a shelf so I could put it in a more protected place.

64735B2F7EFE4F1095D476B31735911D.jpg

Attachments

• 64735B2F7EFE4F1095D476B31735911D.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 65

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
ORIGINAL: coreya

mine would be the missisquoi a springs with squaw.

100_0593.jpg

100_0604.jpg

100_0599.jpg

Jim,...great colored local pontiled soda!

Coreya,...That spring water bottle is a beaut,...great color and embossing!

L.C. Love that blue scroll flask...very beautiful.

Plum,...Great bunch of local pharmacies,...and love that pickle!,,,Do you still have it?

Peejay,...That's a real nice looking jar!

Matt...Does the pig bitters have a slogan on the reverse?

Cows,...We have that same brand of flea (topical) advantage type med for our 3 cats....It was a tough year, with a lot of people and their critters suffering from flea problems.

Rory,...that's a huckuva great bottle your wife picked out for you..Not your average pinkhams....

Hope I didn't overlook anyone...Oh,...Duh!,....Red,...Thanks a lot,....I appreciate your appreciation.[:D]

B8408BB02C764B028E10D90679119A9D.jpg

Attachments

• B8408BB02C764B028E10D90679119A9D.jpg
    B8408BB02C764B028E10D90679119A9D.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 75

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
ORIGINAL: bostaurus

I think I would count his as my "best". If I had to sell all the bottles I own this would be the one I would keep. It belonged to my great grandfather and probably belonged to his father.
When my grandfather was 4 years old and wealthy landowner came to his father's blacksmith shop and offered him money to take is place in the Civil War. By all accounts the man was thrown out of the shop and into the dirt road. It apparently got him to thinking about what he should do during the 'conflict'. A few days later he shut the shop, paid the rent on the house, and left to fight with an Alabama Regiment leaving his 4 year old son and 12 year old daughter alone. There mother had died earlier.
Within a few days the landlord had turned them out of the house and placed them in a shack usually used to store hay. One of the other landlords, a slave owner known for his cruelty, heard what happened to the kids. He said he knew he was a bad man but even he would not do that to children. He came with slaves and wood and fixed the shack for the kids. They lived there until their father returned 4 years later. My grandfather, that 4 year old, grew to be a wonderful man and is still remembered in stories to this day. My mom says she was always told he carried home made wine to church in that bottle for communion.
In the picture it is a bit dusty. I had just taken it down from a shelf so I could put it in a more protected place.

Melinda,...That's a great bottle with a really good family story!...I'd never let it go either.

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Ooh there must be an interesting story behind that, lol. Please elaborate!
Probably not so much. I put my cat on Frontline in March and he was infested in May. I had to bath him (what fun) many times, spray the floor and sleeping areas vacuum etc.. The odd thing is he never goes out side. I figure the eggs were brought in by the landsrcapers in the bark mulch and got inside.

cyberdigger

Reaction score
We had a couple waves of fleas in the apartment this summer.. neither of the cats ever goes outside, but the buggers found a way in somehow. All I did was keep up the Frontlineâ„¢ and it seems to have worked.. good thing, cause if I tried to get either of these adorable kitties in a bathtub, I'd get scratched up beyond recognition!

BTW, I'm really enjoying all the marvelous bottles appearing in this thread. Keep 'em coming! [:)]

Wheelah23

Reaction score
My favorite, and (I hope) best, is this Deco Soda I found in the backyard of an abandoned house. I can't find any info on the company or the bottle, which I suppose is a good thing.

weiner.jpg

weiner3.jpg

weiner2.jpg

Brandons Bottles

Reaction score
My favorite would heve to be the henry c. Duensing since its an early crown top and not a hutch. Plus i've never found anything really about this specific bottle.
DSC03692.jpg

OR

The Boericke and Tafel- Who doesn't love embossed black glass?
DSC03781.jpg

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaygause