What's Your Best Flea Market, Thrift Store, Yard Sale Find ?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

anj2006

Reaction score
2016-01-10_08-34-23_702.jpg would not let me upload it in my first post???

andy volkerts

Reaction score
That's a cool Drakes!!, I now have a four, five, and several 6 loggers on my shelf, I feel that the Drakes are one of the best of the Cabin Bitters, along with the 2 and 4 roof Holtzermans.....Andy

anj2006

Reaction score
Yea i agree!! I am looking for the other variants for the drakes. Not that much into the bitters but like the way the drakes look!!..... ditch.

Illinoisbottleboy

Reaction score
Just this past year I found a super crude aqua clasped hands historical flask at my local flea market for $1. Also found a pontiled amber demijohn for $12 3 years ago. I have found a lot of good deals at flea markets including a milk bottle from my hometown for only $25 this last November.

foster2100

Reaction score
Just this past year I found a super crude aqua clasped hands historical flask at my local flea market for $1. Also found a pontiled amber demijohn for $12 3 years ago. I have found a lot of good deals at flea markets including a milk bottle from my hometown for only $25 this last November.

I've always been more of a yard sales and thrift stores type of person but this summer me and the wife want to go to some of the flea markets. Thrift store shopping has really gotten expensive and the products are not near as good for the money that they are wanting, they used to be the place to go to get some nice finds. Television shows haven't helped either in my opinion but people are just so clueless, I mean think about it, if it's made out of wrought iron then yes it's old not something you see anymore at all, smh. Lol.

anj2006

Reaction score
You are right on the money there my friend!!! You use to be able to find great stuff, but like you said all these new shows, auction hunters, storage wars, American pickers and so forth have made people think there things are worth big bucks. It aint what it use to be!!!

anj2006

Reaction score
I have been wanting one of the clasped hand flasks for along time! I could buy it but!! ( I WANT TO FIND IT ) in the ground that is.

Ace31

Reaction score
Well, here's a story. When I first got into the bottle hobby back in April 2010 I went into a thrift store and there was roughly 2 dozen insulators for sale. I knew nothing of insulators or their value at the time.
c010.gif

They were all common $1 to $2 stuff but there was one really nice CD 143 Montreal Telegraph for only $5 and I didn't know enough to buy it. I went back there a couple of days later after I did some insulator research on the net and CD 143 MT was long gone. This should have been my best thrift store find and I've been kicking myself ever since for not buying it.

Anyway, last spring I was at a garage sale and I bought a mint condition ZZ Top - Eliminator vinyl record for $1.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen