What's your Occupation?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

UltraSuperSugarBear

Reaction score
The questions of how old and what gender everyone is have been asked, how about what everyone does? What does everyone do besides Amateur Archeology? For the record, I’m a mechanical engineer, 27, and a guy.

bne74honda

Reaction score
Oh well...

I'm a 44 year old Civil servant in Canada. I'm a Processing Analyst for the Provincial government...translation ---> Mainframe Computer Operator.

Further translation --> Troubleshooting baby-sitter.

Some day I hope to grow up and retire on my childrens' salaries. [8D] 'Till then, I watch the grass grow, listen to my kids ask for a pool, grow vegetables and collect, collect, collect.

Brian

Gunsmoke47

Reaction score
I endeavor to fix what's broke. I am a mechanic for a Natural gas co. and have been for 26 years next month. I work on engines and compressors, turbines and pumps, ect. I shouldn't have quit college! [:(] I'm now sure that I was meant to be an Archaeologist![8|] Happy Diggin, Kelley

Mimiziggy

Reaction score
For the past 13 years, I've worked as a Customer Service Rep for a small bank in Pa. Before that, I was a hair stylist for almost 9 years. My interest in bottles goes back to when is was a child. My friend and I found an old dump one day while exploring in the woods. I guess we were around 11 or 12, we carried so many bottles home that day. I think I still have most of them.[:D]

scduckett

Reaction score
I've probably mentioned this before, but I'm a 47 year old Home Health RN. I get to travel the back roads (read "dirt roads") of southern central Alabama. Haven't had the pleasure and excitement of digging anything yet but I'm making a list of abandoned homes everywhere I go. I'll find out who owns the property and write a letter! Love this site, everybody's so friendly and helpful.[:D]

drjhostetters

Reaction score
I am an 18 year old male (trapped in this 57 year old body...let me out...I want to be free!!!), and sell gimgaks, thigamabobs, do dads, don't dads, and doohickeys to people wanting their automobiles to run or keep running...in other words an auto parts salesman/assistant manager. (And no you can't have my price for your car parts...)...I work parttime (45 to 50 hours a week) and spend the rest of the time trying to memorize my 13 and 1/3 grandchildren's names and ages, and rummaging thru boxes of old bottles at yard sales and antique and what not stores and digging in good old Mother Earth for any treasures she might care to reveal to me...in my spare time I read Sci-Fi (thank goodness for Robert A. Heinlein!) and watch the Seattle Mariners go down the toilet this year!

The Doc....[X(]

IRISH

Reaction score
I'm a 25 year old bloke and a showjumper (mostly [;)] ), I ride horses, cart grain and hay and do whatever needs doing around here (alway's a bit more than I have time to do). I go digging and detecting whenever and where ever I can and buy as many Codd bottles (marble bottles) as I can [:D] .
Hard life hey [;)] [:D] .

tazmainiendigger

Reaction score
This 47 year old male does custom stone work in Lovell, Me. (artsy stuff) for the rich and famous...[8D] I also mine and sell minerals specimens, dig, buy and sell bottles, and work in my gal's 2 acre flower garden! Taz (AKA Rokmanjim)

luvtodig

Reaction score
This is an intresting thread...As I thought about what I would say I do, I knew it would not sound like much[:eek:] you see my boyfriend and I gave up the "city" life, jobs and all and moved back to the country..I use to manage restaurants, pubs and even had a "titled" job at the Hilton[:'(] worked those kind of hours you talked about Dr. J..now I clean offices at the coal mine...work about 25 hours a week[:D]..this gives me time to get back into bottle digging...walk our property (10 acres,w/ woods) take my dog to the pond...enjoy life again...I push a broom and a mop, my stress level is near zero[:)]...now my biggest worry is, will this rain ever end???[&:] you all take care!

Oldtimer

Reaction score
Self employed logger. I sometimes supply stone to guys like Taz.....did 1,000 tons one year...[:D]

I started out on this------>

Bz77980.jpg

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
angieb1229