What's your Occupation?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

kendolbottles1black

Reaction score
hi guys, i am 43 a father of 2 boys , i am a cabinetmaker by trade but also have done some building work. so i have no problem shelving my 2000plus bottles. by for now ken[:D]

batfish

Reaction score
Software Engineer working for one of the big corporations (Not MS, though [;)]. I write storage resource management (SRM) software. I have three kids, a four year old son and twin 19 month old daughters...

preditor

Reaction score
Former textile worker now full time student all expenses paid THANKS NAFTA!
Preditor

undercovercajun

Reaction score
I am a 36 year old female, married with one daughter (a 12 year old with puberty hormones TOTALLY gone whacko, pray for strength and patience for me!!!). I have my Associate's in Accounting and used to work for a national insurance company. (LOL, like everyone else, I have had several other jobs like retail, taught kindergarten one year...loved the kids, but one year was enough! [&:]) I have mostly been a housewife since my daughter was born. Hubby works overseas, so not a lot of "housewifing" going on [;)][:D] and my daughter doesn't need mommy like she used to! So now I am being a little selfish and doing some things just for me; and I am trying my hand at ebay. I don't have the opportunity to dig like I used to (pinched nerve makes the bending a bit ouchy[:mad:]). But I love bottles, even if they aren't mine, I love to see them and I enjoy the pics of bottles posted here.

old digger

Reaction score
Should have added an "s" onto old digger as I hope my husband will join in soon, for now it's golf,golf!! We're both collectors, diggers.For myself I'm 55, going back to school, hope to be a nurse. I've worked cleaning,factory making telephones then funiture,worked as file clerk, that would give away my age if I'd not told you already and as nurse tech.,when I finish school I'll have come full circle! Home town was Nashville, moved about every six months growing up, stepdad was construction worker, helped build highways allover the south,wish I'd have been collecting back then, been in Ms. for years now, still have that need to roam and looking for dig sites and going to bottle shows helps keep my feet rooted. This is a wounderful site, great place to spend a rainy day!!! Nice to meet you all!!

kumtow

Reaction score
Hi Ya'll
Strewth, there seems to be lots of carpenters (including me). Spent quite a few years building houses and major construction work in Geraldton Western Australia. Joined the Australian Regular Army in the early eighties when there was a huge building slump and no work for Chippies. Spent the next 20 years in the Army as an Avionics Technician fixing radar, navigation, instrument and electrical systems on helicopters. The Army sent me to East Timor to support aviation operations against the militias that were destroying the country. I think we did some really good work there. I have now quit the Army and work as a Quality Manager and Systems Auditor. Not a bad job but not as exciting as military life can be. My wife and two daughters are happy though as I am no longer being sent all over the place at a moments notice.

Maine woods Digger 2

Reaction score
Well being 15 as I am, this is my first job today was my second day at springbrook Nursing home, I work in the kitchen and well working in the kitchen i am taking CNA lessons that spring brook will pay for as long as i work for them for 2 years, cna is a Certifyed Nurses Assistance, so once im done with taking my cna classes i will leave my kitchen job and be a cna at springbrook. Then well ill take a break and be a cna for awile then i will become a crma one up froma cna and then will become an RN but i will always stray working as a crma, thats working for the past 3 years i have been on student counsil at my school, this was my frist year in highschool 9th grade feshman i was voted to be class vice president and im not class vice president, well thats what i do sorry to bore you... lol

Tandy

Reaction score

[:)] I am South Australian by birth, being close to 64 in age, a retired teacher and have been an avid bottle collector for probably well over 30 years. I have two sons, both engineers who used to be interested in bottles, but now its motor cars.

Having been a teacher, we spent 13 years in a major South Australian country town, where I was able to visit quite a few old dumps within 160 Km. Some were quite profitable.

Apart from bottle collecting, I also collect old paper ephemera and other items, notably small metal identification plates. I am very interested in the history of the bottles I dig up, local history, local geological history, and much of this can be seen on my website.

http://www.angelfire.com/rock3/rickirving/Page_Index.html

Tandy, Adelaide, South Australia.

AvoidingWork

Reaction score
Hey all. I carve wood signs, and restore (with hubby and son) hopelessly derelict old houses to their former glory. Share my space with 3 ungrateful cats, two hideous screeching budgies and a border collie (wanna play? Wanna play? How bout now? How bout now? How bout now?.....) Got interested in bottles by finding them in my backyard. Along with alot of forks. And bombs. .. a gravestone. .. etc etc. I bought a metal detector to help find neat old stuff...but it can't find a nickel in short grass. Doubt it could locate the car in the driveway! So I'll keep digging. The forums are great. Best way to avoid what I am supposed to be doing!

diginit

Reaction score
Howdy Ya'll
I'm a 43 year old carpenter. Custom homes, room additions, repairs, etc. Just nutty enough to go hiking and diggin in my spare time. God; I must be crazy. Sure keeps me in shape though. People are starting to wonder why I never wash my truck. I tell them it resembles a just dug cobalt. Besides it'll just get dusty again! Just love mountain roads, mountain bikes, mountain towns, mountain girls. Well,You get the idea.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tina Luallen