When dozers meet pontils....

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

akronmarbles

Reaction score
I went to check out a construction site after work and found a privy which had the top 4 feet graded off of it. The bottom was exposed with shards scattered everywhere - all of the glass was pontiled....damn. Well the bottom of the privy was soft compared to the surounding dirt and it looks like the tire of the earth grader sunk right down into the bottom and smashed about everything it contacted. The lone surviving 'puff' was just sticking out of the ground - a miracle that it survived. The double eagle flask would have been killer along with the cherry balsam bottle.

apr07.jpg

The ceramic items were all freshly broken as well.

apr07a.jpg

towhead

Reaction score
Wayne: Slam your fingers in the car door....I can relate, I'm just gonna go and stick my tongue on the frosty car door handle!!!!! [:(]

chrisp

Reaction score
man , what a shame that is . on a brighter side , it makes all the surviving bottles worth even more. but , most of us dont do this for the money. we just cant let it get to us. we have to go out and save all the bottles before they meet this fate. "please forgive them Lord, they know not what they do"

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
wow! I hate when that happens! We found 4 broken flask's in a pit this winter one was a dark teal winter tree summer tree, I was ill, and a light blue Washington, an anchor flask, and a jenny lind, we saved the pieces, to cry over when we are depressed haha!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter