Where can I get glass beads for tumbling?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

daeldred

Reaction score
I have been looking everywhere on the internet for a good source for glass beads to tumble with. Does anyone know of any? The only place that I can find is CR Crafts that was mentioned here in the forum, but there's gotta be other suppliers out there. Any ideas fellas?

RedGinger

Reaction score
Try Michael's the craft store, if you have one in your area. I don't think they sell anything online, but their store has a ton of stuff. I used to go there for all my craft supplies.

daeldred

Reaction score
We do have Michael's in our area, but I haven't been there yet. I had planned on going to check. However, I don't have high expectations.

daeldred

Reaction score
I emailed you, buzzkutt. I'm interested in getting some beads to get started, but also a good source to buy so I can purchase them as I need.

daeldred

Reaction score
I see Harbor Frieght sales "Coarse Mesh Ground Glass Media". I didn't think that was the same as glass beads. Do some some of the folks here in the forum use crushed glass as opposed to glass beads? I was under the impression that round glass beads in the 1.5-4mm size is what I needed.

bottlediger

Reaction score
I have about 100-200 lbs left, im going to take to the upcoming bottle show if I dont sell it all your welcome to buy as much as you need

Digger ry

CreekWalker

Reaction score
Try liquidreflector.com for the type used in road paint , they have three sizes , ten pounds $13.75. Would clean white sand blaster's sand work or will it scratch the glass, or even white sand box sand?

daeldred

Reaction score
I checked that website CreekWalker. They still seem too small, only .84-1.68mm for the biggest ones they have and they wanted $45 with s/h. That's more that CR Crafts. There you can get 20lbs for $20. Shipping for me was only $5.50. So that's $25 for 20lbs of 1.5-2mm beads. So far, they are the clear winners.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barbudagirl