Where to start?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bonesbda

Reaction score
hey...i'd offer about 250 each...sell locally for about 300-350 last one i bought..
what other bermuda bottles you got?

tigue710

Reaction score
Bonesbda I believe is offering you a good deal, but besides that the quicker you sell the less you will get. You gonna have to research what you have a little more, and study up. You do have some great bottles, but not a fortune there. From what I can see probably around 1000 - 2000, if everything is in tip top shape.

Your ancient bottle was not carbon dated correctly, it is a common form from around the 1820's, give or take 10 years. It is a very nice bottle, but not that old!

Its best to research the glass yourself, but it takes decades to truly understand what makes one bottle worth more then the other. Some outside help from an expert will go along way.

The Ampulets are not worth much, and the pipe also is probably not worth much. A museum would take your items in donation and stick them away somewhere but would probably not buy anything you have, with the exception of the Bermuda bottles. A private collector would probably offer you more though. A lot of the bottles you have are everyday common bottles, that few people would be interested in at all, but there are a few gems there...

rtgoff

Reaction score
Been busy last two days.
Thanks to all who replied for their input. Seems like a bunch of decent, honest folks here.
We'll probably just put the entire collection away until we get some decent offers on the whole collection.
I might just put a price on the entire set and advertise it or wait another few years. Don't know.
I do believe the pipe is worth something, it's so rare and unique and stone.
As far as the ampulets go, there's none left down there , what could be found were raised and disposed of by the Bermudian authorities because they are filled with morphene. Diving is not allowed at all anymore and the movie "The Deep" made them famous.
And..........we actually have a handfull of originals.
I have three 'Bermuda" amber codds and six green "Bermuda" codds. One is short/stocky and has 1916 on the bottom.
All of them are slighty different, having different names, some "Hamilton" some "St. George" etc.
Only one or two is the same.
I guess I'l lphotograph the entire codd collection.
Ralph

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mistymad28