Which part of yard To start digging

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

mac2469

Reaction score
Hoping one of you experienced digger could help me out. I have 800 feet of river frontage with a 15ft incline to the river. In just scratching the surface I have been coming up with all kinds of bottles. Also surrounding my property by approx. the same 800ft I have a ridge that goes 25 ft up to abbuting properties. To better clarify this my property of 5 acres sits inbetween the river and ridge. Which is level. Also here on the ridge in scratching the surface I have been retriving all kinds of bottles. In your opinion which would be better to dig for hopefully older bottles.

deepwoods

Reaction score
Mac- I wouldnt be suprised if it turns out your entire property is on top of an old dump or landfill; it sounds like it has all the telltale signs-the locale, a ridge abutting a river is classic plus the abundance of bottles that youre finding. Try to get a make on where most of the older bottles concentrated by dating your finds useing the bottle seam metheod as described in the pre & post 1900 categories in the forum. I wouldnt be suprised if you hit an ash layer after digging down a couple of feet in one spot - and the bottles if youre lucky may get older the farther down you go.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaygause