Which way does she spin?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
This appeared on my Google+ when I opened it to check for anything new. She first went one way, then the other. I got so confused I read the description and it said, "Optical illusion. This is a classic too. Depending on which side of the brain you’re using the woman will spin either clockwise (right and creative side of the brain) or anti-clockwise (left and logic side of the brain). Which side are you using right now?" I have been trying to make her go the other way with some success, but then she keeps going back to the right. At first, though, when I leave for a few seconds and look back she is going left. Click Here to view the crazy thing and what do you see other than a hovering, spinning woman who will get dizzy? Which way, and what do you think about such illusions? This is General Chat, allowing us to talk about anything other than bottles, so... The link might take a full minute to make her spin.
Another random thing: This tower leans 18 degrees compared to Pisa's 4! Click Here to see it. Would you stay in this hotel given a free trip, all expense-paid?And my 6-year-old niece just shot me. [:(]

andy volkerts

Reaction score
Shot you with what? a rubber band. I would have too for that woman revolving site. all you have to do is look away for a few seconds and look back and she will turn the other way, that's why it is an illusion, she could be turning either way...............lol[:D]

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
A phaser [:(]
It's supposedly to see what mindset you're in. Thank you for responding to the post.
Would you stay in that leaning hotel?

andy volkerts

Reaction score
My mindset changes every few minutes, just like Eric, and a few other old reprobates on here. we take everything on this site sometimes too seriously, which is why general chat is a good place to go every once in awhile........Andy

andy volkerts

Reaction score
and don't take this the wrong way, but you are pretty smart for a young'un, most guys your age couldn't even begin to appreciate that spinning woman thingy, let alone carry on an intelligent conversation about it..............Andy

Plumbata

Reaction score
The revolving woman almost always spins clockwise for me. Several years ago I enjoyed a few moments of counter-clockwise rotation, but only that once. I believe that as a diagnostic tool for determining one's dominant hemisphere it is of dubious accuracy at best, though I do tend to operate intuitively/creatively. Staying anywhere near Abu Dhabi is of absolutely no interest to me personally. Put me up in a sweet cave in the Ozarks, or let me metal detect relics from ancient lost armies in the Sahara for a while and I'll be much happier.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
angieb1229