Whiskey bottle help.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

VintageDesign

Reaction score
TAYLOR & WILLIAMS
WHISKEY
LOUISVILLE, KY
Here’s another bottle from my collection that I would like to know a little more about. I am sure it’s pretty common. I did a goggle search and found that Taylor bought the Willams distilleries, but did not find a date when that happen.
It is a large bottle 12.5†high and has a flat bottom. The one neat thing is that it has a very distinctive wood grain pattern all over. Even on the bottom. Could that be from w wooden mold? I could try and get a better picture of it in the light

VintageDesign

Reaction score
Here's the bottle.

Ki18203.jpg

Attachments

• Ki18203.jpg
    Ki18203.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 82

David E

Reaction score
Taylor and Williams Incorporated Whiskey 12" but "Amethyst" Corker $9.00 to $13.00
also one that is clear 4 1/4" six to nine dollars. But what is interesting on the same page as these two it shows a picture of the shape and amber 12" no mention of lettering but says "turn Mold" Whiskey bottle four to six dollars. Wonder if yours is not a turn mold.
Same don't trust his pricing "Hugh Cleveland"
Dave

VintageDesign

Reaction score
Thanks David.
I am not sure what a turn mold is. A friend thought it was formed in a wooden
mold, because it has a wood grain pattern all over.
I am rank novice when it comes to bottles. I been collecting them for years, displaying them on a shelf and never giving them much thought of there value or origin until I bumped into this form.
I am going to have to invest in some bottle books. Got any recommendations on some bottle books?

woody

Reaction score
Turn mold is a process in which a blown bottle is spun in the mold before removal to erase the seam markings.

kumtow

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
Just thought I'd chuck in my 2 bobs worth. If a turn mold erases the seams then it must stand to reason it would also erase any embossing. As this bottle appears to have embossing, then it cannot be a turn mold. I don't ever recollect seeing a turn mold bottle with embossing. That would be a neat trick.
Cheers Alan

David E

Reaction score
Yes Alan is right on that not being a turn mold, so what else, your friend is right they did have wooden molds.
Dave

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bricri2