Whisky Bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

David E Dearden

Reaction score
9 1/2" tall, no Pontil. slight enclave inward approx the whole of bottom (Almost flat))
double grooved ring top, 2piece mold with mold seams half way up the neck.
ROSSSKAM, GRSTILEY & Co on one side of bottle with Old Saratoga Extra fine Whiskey
Philadelphia, under the name.
Sitting on shoulder a seal (slug plate I beleive) with the following embosed inside of seal.
ROSSKAM,GERSTILEY & Co PHILADA

David E Dearden

Reaction score
[8|] Disregard on my prior post on this whiskey bottle, found two wiskey Nips by same company $350.00 1867 to 1918

Kim

Reaction score
Hi David
I actually tried researching this bottle but only come up with a change tray. It would be nice if I could give somebody else some info for a change. lol
Regards Kim

David E Dearden

Reaction score
Thanks Kim, I know you will, I saw that tray and something regards a law suite. But will have to get back to that one again but it sounds good so far.
David

olddump

Reaction score
David, I,m sorry I did'nt try the few books I have. You have found so many thing for me I thought if you can't find it I sure can't , but I looked in a book I have THE OFFICIAL PRICE GUIDE TO BOTTLES OLD AND NEW FOURTH EDITION this is from the 70s early too well enough of that .
your bottle is listed as ROSSKAM GERSTLEY there are four one fron San Fran so thats not it and one at 9 &1/4 inches clear small kick up OLD SARATOGA EXTRA FINE WHISKEY on the back and PHILADELPHIA in seal. B ACK THEN IT WAS 8-12 dollars now who knows but you could probably add zeros to the back of those prices. Sorry I did'nt look sooner. Tom, Olddump

David E Dearden

Reaction score
Hi Tom, you made me one happy person, thank you. Never thought I would get that ID'd. Our Whiskey on the West coast are not the Sartoatoga shape. And with that seal is something I never seen imbosed in Glass, And this one I don't think ever found it's way underground as it is absolutely perfect and a deep Suncolored (Hope suncolor does not take away from it) No I think that bottle was handcarried to this coast and put in someones window. My ex-digging buddy sold it to me for $12.00. He has called me a thief since I bought a cobalt trianglar poison "Owl Drugs" for $7.00. Booked for $500.00.Sold cheap though $375.00. Well he pulled a couple on me so now he gets it
Thanks again
Dave

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimk26