White Horse Whiskey Glass Bottle... OLD... Original Stickers... RARE?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

ssandecki

Reaction score
Ok, I found this bottle in my attic early this week and hope someone can give me an idea what it's worth or if it's worth anything. I'll describe the bottle a bit more and provide 4 pictures (sorry if they are large). This bottle appears to be quite old... not sure if it's pre-1900 so I posted in this forum. The bottle still has it's original seal, but no liquid is inside of it (such a shame!). There appears to be some raised stuff into the glass itself... on the front a horse appears raised in the glass on the other side is a notice about "Federal law forbids sale or re-use of this bottle"... both of those are at the top by the neck. On the very bottle in raised letters is "Exporters White Horse Distillers LTD Glascow Scotland". There are a bunch of actually stamp like stickers in good condition on the bottle that have tons of stuff on them (see pictures below). Interesting part on some of the text is how this bottle was transported by stage coach. Please let me know your opinion on price... I would have it cleaned up with methods recommended on this forum if worth it.

Note: I can take more pictures if needed... I didn't wipe off any dust or dirt in fear of damaging the bottle.

bottle1.jpg

bottle2.jpg

bottle3.jpg

bottle4.jpg

Kilroy

Reaction score
It looks like it has "Federal law prohibits sale or re-use of this bottle" embossed on it. This dates it after prohibition ended (1933). Someone else can probably provide a closer dating period of this embossing hopefully.

Staff online

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mohib