Whites XLT Detector Settings

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

David Osborn

Reaction score
I'm a third owner of an XLT !!! I wonder if the guy with the ideas on the lead cans (having their own sounds) might share his XLT digital settings here so I can do a save on my own detector settings ?? -Dave

Gunsmoke47

Reaction score
Hello Dave, I don't have any particular setting saved as I'm sure the different variants of can size, amount of lead solder left, ect. will all show up somewhat different. I also mis spoke myself when I said they had their own sounds. I should have said they have a particular digital read out. As I'm sure you know, bits and pieces of a tin can will show up in the 70's and 80's and the bar graph will usually jump around from low to high with the tone being sparatic as well. I ignore these types of signals (unless I am really bored). As I'm sure you also know, a larger piece of tin, or a whole can will read in the upper 80's and 90's. Lead usually ranges in the 50's. What I do , and it has served me VERY well in recent months, is to dig any signals that have a strong can signal (80's or 90's) with some sparatic 40's or 50's mixed in. That of course is the detector picking up the lead solder seams. Once the can is located, I continue digging down in search of shards, coal, ash, or any other signs of a pit. Hope this has been of some help. I should mention, I am in the Relic mode. Kelley

David Osborn

Reaction score
Thanks for the tips. The first bottle i ever found was using my Whites; found a bottle with the metal lid still on it and I've not used my detector since due to abandoning coin shooting for bottles :) The 1900ish dump i'm excavating has no signs of letting up and Omaha is still under snow cover, has been for about three weeks. (I was out digging until 2 AM the night it started to fall, as i knew i wouldn't be out there for a bit.) While every bottle i'm coming up with has seams to neck/throat only i'm in a good place but NO cans. Some graniteware, A few horseshoes (several with the leathery pad still attached !) I'm also having fun, (was til the snow) soaking topside cans in Citric Acid to see what they were. )-Dave

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aarhar75