WHITING'S Drug Store. OROVILLE, CALIFORNIA

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

botlguy

Reaction score
Once again I am offering a bottle I know nothing about. Like most pharmacy bottles, the value depends mostly on rarity and the number of collectors interested in local pieces. I have no knowledge of these factors. This was acquired at a recent estate auction where I paid too much for what I got. I am offering ths for $25.00, what I would pay for such an example from the two areas I collect or will trade for something I like better. It is embossed: "Whiting's (fancy underline) / DRUG STORE / OROVILLE, CALIFORNIA. California being spelled out is unusual in my experience. The bottle is 6 3/4" tall, about 8 or 10 ounces, is damage free with only a little inside stain. It really is a nice piece and a very good size. As they say, "Bigger is Better".

AC5EA09E4A6F48A28AB4CB55B30BCFC9.jpg

Attachments

• AC5EA09E4A6F48A28AB4CB55B30BCFC9.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 91

botlguy

Reaction score
Thanx much Surf that is neat stuff. You are a computer wizard in my eyes. Wish I knew what that bottle sold for, don't want to appear that I am trying to rip someone but don't want to give it away either. I will be happy with my asking price.

surfaceone

Reaction score
Wish I knew what that bottle sold for, don't want to appear that I am trying to rip someone but don't want to give it away either.

Hey Jim,

I don't know who owns that Bottle Trader site, but were it me, I'd be sending inquiries their way...

Surfside%20Sign1%20Moon%20web.JPG

Wilkie

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: botlguy

Once again I am offering a bottle I know nothing about. Like most pharmacy bottles, the value depends mostly on rarity and the number of collectors interested in local pieces. I have no knowledge of these factors. This was acquired at a recent estate auction where I paid too much for what I got. I am offering ths for $25.00, what I would pay for such an example from the two areas I collect or will trade for something I like better. It is embossed: "Whiting's (fancy underline) / DRUG STORE / OROVILLE, CALIFORNIA. California being spelled out is unusual in my experience. The bottle is 6 3/4" tall, about 8 or 10 ounces, is damage free with only a little inside stain. It really is a nice piece and a very good size. As they say, "Bigger is Better".

I have the book "California Embossed Drug Store / Pharmacy Bottles and Dose Glasses" by Edrick J. Miller. Miller uses a rating system to determine rarity. 1 being "common" and 5 being extremely rare. Yours is listed as common. I see bottles like these go at local bottle shows for 5 to 10 dollars.

I lived in Oroville many years ago, I was in 3rd grade. Now I live 2 hours away and the bottle shows I attend are in Chico, Auburn, Vallejo, and Concord.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunshine123