Whitney, three mold, internal thread, whiskey cylinder.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

22skezeks22

Reaction score
Sorry no photos but I think I can describe this bottle accurately enough. It is an internal thread stopper, liquor type cylinder blown in a three part mold. It has a gloppy applied lip. There is NO embossing on the base. The included stopper is NOT marked and it is in CLEAR glass. The stopper otherwise is exactly like the one found in Whitney cylinders, with the reeded edge and hole in the center, but not patent mark. What I find unusual is this example is typical south Jersey bottle AQUA. This bottle with base embossing is commonly found in amber.

A few (5 or 6) years ago a friend of mine had a base embossed Whitney Glassworks internal thread cylinder in aqua which sold on eBay for 800+, no stopper, in overall cloudy dug condition. Though my bottle isn't marked it is most certainly a Whitney Glassworks product as the stopper will attest. Would this be a rare specimen and would it garner any interest among the south Jersey collectors? It is in overall great condition with just a little clouding of the interior. a light tumble would make it sparkle.

I will be attending The Batsto bottle/antiques show in south Jersey this weekend. I'd like to have an idea of the rarity before I go. I just got it about an hour ago.

Thanks from a Newbie....though not to bottles

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aarhar75