Why you shouldn't be late.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
The pricipal of our school was telling a joke to open a meeting this year. I thought it was cute. I will try to reproduce it. The moral of the story is - don't be late.

The priest at a Catholic parish meeting is opening the meeting with a prayer. However, the next speaker, a local businessman, is running a bit late so they tell the priest to stay up there and fill the time until he arrives. Thinking of what to say, the priest decides to tallk about his experiences in the parish. As Catholics know, a priest should never reveal what is said in a confession. However, because he was careful not to mention any specifics, he thought that this would be okay.

"When I first arrived here ten years ago, I must admit that I was younger, less experienced and a bit apprehensive. I had travelled from far away, and I wasn't sure what kind of place that I had come to. The very first time that I was giving confession, someone came into the confessional and began to talk about their sins. They went into great detail about how they had cheated on their wife, embezzled from their company, and basically lied cheated and stole their way through life. Well, I was very concerned about what kind of place this was then. I can assure you. But in the time since then, I have come to realize that my fears were misplaced. This is a wonderful place full are kind and caring people. I want you all to know that I am honored and humbled to be your minister every day of the year and that I couldn't have asked for a better parish or the community that supports it."

Just then, the businessman arrives. The priest introduces him without further ado.

"Thank you for that kind introduction Father. It is wonderful to have had you as our priest for the last ten years. I remember when you first arrived here back then and how nervous you were to have your own parish. You've done an exceptional job here. As a little aside, I had the special privilege of giving the very first confession back then . . . "

Plumbata

Reaction score
Funny joke! On a far more disturbing note related to the topic, back in 5th grade the school priest told the school during a weekly chapel service about how he had heard confessions from several men admitting to having sex with dogs and cats. That was a very disturbing thing to to think about. Why on earth he deemed it appropriate to relate to a bunch of kids is beyond comprehension, lol.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AuctionAnnie